• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

random, unimportant question

Status
Not open for further replies.

UNC141

What type of surfaces do we run on at OCS? Is it mostly asphault, dirt, track, or sand? I hope its not sand...anything but sand.

Jason

From What I've seen It appears to be wood chips???. I go to the NAval Air Museum quit a bit.... How ever I've never been there at 0530 hrs. SO there is no telling.

I would assume they would run us on "lighter impact" surfaces to ward away Shin Splints

Dawgfan

Pending
pilot
Unless it's changed, you run on the asphalt roads. Sometimes you run on the beach in the sand. That's only on "beach day" though. Make sure you bring some sunglasses and your margarita glass.

Jared

Being as how I'm at OCS right now, I think I can offer you an informed answer to your question. Asphalt. Lots and lots of it. The vast majority of the runs are done on the streets.

Jared

Kraftwerk

quote:
Being as how I'm at OCS right now, I think I can offer you an informed answer to your question. Asphalt. Lots and lots of it. The vast majority of the runs are done on the streets.

Jared

And then there's those mornings with battalion runs to the beach by the lighthouse, back and forth on the beach by the lighthouse, up the sandy thorny hill by the beach by the lighthouse, and back from the beach by the lighthouse. Whereupon you will be put in the SUYA (ohh no...more sand) upon return. Usually the DI's reward such a run by having the battalion run through the McD's Drivethru. (at 0530, when it's closed,that is.)
K

UNC141

Hey thanks for the replies fellas. It sounds quite comical from a distance...a long distance that is. I hope you guys a getting through it alright. My thoughts are with you...stay tough (I know you are).

Looking foward to an Aug. 31st ass whoopin.

BB

RC

UNC141 - i seen an earlier post about wisdom teeth - did you ever get an answer about it?
Will they make you leave OCS because of wisdom teeth? By the way...it looks like ill be one class ahead of you.

Ed Williams

as strange as it sounds, i miss the nice long runs in the mornings. The beach run does suck, but it mixes things up a bit.
ed

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ed I'm worse. I miss the cadences Cagle used to say. Way up North where the air is cold...

pdt1702

Here is another random and unimportant question. It says to bring a certified copy of your college transcript to OCS. I had my transcript sent to my recruiter and he gave me a photocopy of it with my orders. Should I have also had an official copy sent to myself? It's a little late now since I leave Saturday for OCS. Are they going to screw with me because my transcript is a photocopy?

kmac

Coffee Drinker
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I highly doubt you'll have any problems. However that's just a guess. I honestly don't remember what happened with my paperwork after getting my orders stamped. I can say however that I do have a certified copy of my transcript in my folder from OCS. So who knows?!?

Planning any fun for Friday or Saturday night? I remember staying in the BEQ those nights just hanging around soaking up the humidity and just trying to relax. A bit of advice: go to a good place to eat on Saturday night (the beach). Have a beer. It'll be a while before you have that opportunity again...

Edited by - kmac on 06/13/2002 23:11:34

Jared

Oh boy - new recruits. Honor Class 21-02 will give you guys a warm welcome. Have fun, I know we will!

Jared

UNC141

RC-no, I never got an answer about the wisdom teeth. I am going to have mine taken out soon anyway. I have been told that you can get rolled if you have to get them out, so I am just going to do it privately. So you are going to be a class ahead of me? do you know what your class number is going to be? I can't figure mine out. Good luck!

BB

RC

UNC141 - ive heard 2 stories if they need to come out. If they are bad enough, they will do it there and you will probably get rolled. If they can wait, then you can get it done during Candie-O stage. Either way, the mofo's gotta come out before API. Im going with what i got. I talked to my dentist and i cant get in until early aug to get them out. If i do get rolled, i guess we'll be in the same class. As far as the class numbering scheme, i have no clue. I heard that classes were every week instead of every 2 so im not sure what the number will be OR if it just goes by the week number of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.