• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Raw Video- Recent Pirate Attack

I dont understand why these ships can't be armed. Who governs that? It seems like handing out AR's to a few crew members would be enough to deter these guys.

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
I dont understand why these ships can't be armed. Who governs that? It seems like handing out AR's to a few crew members would be enough to deter these guys.

It has been discussed, and I think even implemented in some cases, about highring blackwater operators to guard their ships.

This could all be bs..

but I think the logic is: Cost outweighs Probability. To train a crew to be effective with the weapons their given would also be cost prohibitive I would think.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Mostly the companies that own the ships. While I personally think it's a good idea, the increased insurance costs resulting from arming the crew, training costs, and the fact that many port facilities in the world don't allow firearms, makes it a bad business proposition for these shipping lines.

Brett

john_doza

Mostly the companies that own the ships. While I personally think it's a good idea, the increased insurance costs resulting from arming the crew, training costs, and the fact that many port facilities in the world don't allow firearms, makes it a bad business proposition for these shipping lines.

Brett

How about giving one guy per ship some decent training and a M82A1? Perhaps a .50 round to a rubber dingy could lead to these guys revaluating their actions:D

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Wow the crew seemed to be quite calm and collected considering they were under fire. Did they get away from those d!ckholes?

Junkball

"I believe in ammunition"
pilot
Wow the crew seemed to be quite calm and collected considering they were under fire. Did they get away from those d!ckholes?

Yeah
Guy's just mindin' his own business making a home movie and some skinnies on a boat (I'M ON A BOAT MOTHA...!) start taking potshots and blow up his room?

Goddam pirates are assholes!

Bevo16

pilot
I am thinking that one guy on each bridge wing with an M1A could ruin those dude's days.