• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Re-Apply after injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

OCSCAND

I was acceoted to go to PLC Jrs this past summer and was unable to report because I failed my pre-ship PFT due to a knee problem. The doctors could not figure out was wrong with me, but over the past couple of months the pain I had has ceased. My OSO said it would be somewhat difficult to be picked up again for next summer seeing as how the official reason I did not ship was for failing the PFT regardless of the fact that I was injured. Just curious if anyone has had anything similar to this in the past and if they recommend reapplying. Thanks for any info.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
OCSCAND said:
The doctors could not figure out was wrong with me, but over the past couple of months the pain I had has ceased.

Did you figure out what was wrong with your knee yet? Maybe its something that might flare up again once you get back into using it hard again.

USMCBebop

SergeantLieutenant
Reapply, I had to!

OCSCAND said:
My OSO said it would be somewhat difficult to be picked up again for next summer seeing as how the official reason I did not ship was for failing the PFT regardless of the fact that I was injured. Just curious if anyone has had anything similar to this in the past and if they recommend reapplying.
It happened to me and I was an OCCer. I was IMMEDIATELY picked up for the next OCC class.

I got injured two monthes before my pre-ship PFT (nothing big, but my achilles tendon wasn't agreeing with me). It took a month and a half for me to fully heal. SO naturally, I couldn't push myself to get ready.

I failed the run and missed 1st class by a few points.

My OSO just saved my paperwork for OCC 168 and made the necessary changes for OCC 169. I re-contracted and was approved subsequently.

So it is still possible to re-apply and get picked up. Sure, my case was six years ago and was a slightly different story, but no where is it written in stone that you can't get picked up again because of what happened to you.

Give it another shot!

OCSCAND

I wasn't able to run for the PFT, but my knee has since healed and has been fine under strenuous running conditions. The doctor never diagnosed it and my OSO said that was part of the problem because they wouldn't know if it something that would heal. I guess I will reapply and keep my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.