• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RE code 3 from previous Army enlistment

nightflaw

I just wanted to post this in case anyone else goes through a similar situation. I was active duty Army for 4 years and was discharged early as part of a special program to finish my degree. It was an honorable discharge, but my reenlistment (RE) code became a 3. Apparently anything other than "1" indicates an atypical discharge.

None of the Army civilians mentioned this when I was outprocessing, so I didn't think anything of it. When I inquired with the Air Force, Navy, and Marines about officer programs, they all said it was a red flag.

After working with Army Human Resources Command and a special group that only handles RE code corrections, I learned that code is appropriate for my discharge and there is no way to have it changed. In the end, the Navy had to grant me a waiver for it.

So if anyone else went through this program and received this code, don't waste your time trying to get it changed!

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Having heard from others that RE code errors are "routine" and have burned some people for no good reason, I made sure the PS generating my last -214 actually showed me what the code meant from the instruction. Yes, you appear to be an annoying prima donna, but whatevs. That stuff matters. For those getting one generated, don't be afraid to ask the question so you don't fall into the same type of issue that nightflaw did.