• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

RE Enlisting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

Hey guys. I would like to know some of you prior enlisted guys and others opinions about re-upping in the Navy. I got out in 99' and was an AD3. I applied for OCS last July and got rejected in Oct. I am re applying in April for OCS for a AMDO, Supply, or NFO slot, but I am seriously thinking about re-enlisting if I get rejected this time. (in fact I just joined the naval reserve) I would keep applying while I'm in of course. It seems that there is a real bad drought of OCS slots lately. Anyway I am umemployed and I live in Hawaii. (real bad umemployment here) My wife is an AK2, and with full benefits she makes a good salary. Do you guys/gals think currently enlisted people have a better chance at an OCS slot? Btw I would try to go active TAR or possibly go to CTI and get a language school. and I am dead broke.... I try real hard to get any job here, but its real tough....

WFU2USN

Goliath,

Work on getting a good rec. from your reserve unit CO - since you're a drilling reservist, you'll need a CO's endorsement for you package. Being a drilling reservist should show them that you're dedicated to the Navy and I'm pretty sure my unit OIC's rec. helped me in getting a slot!!

Good luck!

:)Robin

Status
Not open for further replies.