• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recieved DCO final select letter... need help with codes

SavvyPR

LCDR, Navy Reserve PAO
I thought this question might be answered better here than in the Reserve thread. I know what unit I'm going through for drilling and what the unit name is, but they have the RUIC and AUIC codes that I don't understand. From searching, I found out that they stand for Reserve Unit Identification Code and Active Unit Identification Code.

Does anyone know where I can find out what these units are. It'd be great to find out what active duty unit we are supporting, etc.

Please either PM me if you can help or let me know if it isn't against OPSEC to post them here.

Thanks in advance!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank you!

I found out that my active duty component is CHINFO. Guess I was thinking that it might be a specific part of the fleet.

CHINFO + "the Show"

Trick is finding out precisely where in CHINFO!

Congrats!

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Ha ha... thanks! I owe a lot of this to you giving me that original number so I could call them.

Perhaps that's why they want you there! As I owe people that helped me at a tender age in my career, you'll get your chance to return the favor some day!

SavvyPR

LCDR, Navy Reserve PAO
Perhaps that's why they want you there! As I owe people that helped me at a tender age in my career, you'll get your chance to return the favor some day!

So you don't think that ALL PAO's have CHINFO as their Active Duty Component? Am I just that lucky?

congrats, I know you've been waiting on those for awhile.

Thanks, C. I'm so excited for you as well. Maybe we'll see each other in the fleet someday when you're a hotshot pilot.

As it is, did you know you are going to be my "boss" for a while? I'm doing part-time in operations in addition to my full-time in the PR department. Gotta earn that money!