• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Reclaim your IFS solo shirt.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Flyinrock sent me an email informing me that he has a bunch of IFS solo shirts that will eventually be thrown out. Mobile downtown is also throwing a bunch out that he can get a hold of if you ask. If you think he may have yours and you want it or you want to build a collection give him a PM or post it here.

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
I'd like mine if they're going to throw it out. It's from a Navy OCS PT shirt. I'll send him a PM.

FlyinRock

Gentlemen and Ladies
I still have some early FTM shirts, and some from Bay Minette as well as those from the past two years at FTM. They are boxed up and getting ready for a visit to the dumpster. Hate to see them go but I'm not a museum and dont' have room to keep them all. It costs me about $1.00 for postage and envelope per shirt if you want yours. No guarantee I'll have it but putting a list together and will post names.
90 days and they'll be gone forever. FTM had to clean out the "Navy" room after they moved to Foley and asked me if I wanted to do anything with them. If anyone wants to take them on, let me know, or if you have any suggestions I'd like to hear them.
Semper Fi
Rocky
flyinrock@yahoo.com

FlyinRock

Unable to post names for security reasons. I visited FTM today and pulled a lot of T's off the board and only kept those that had my name on them from earlier days. So, if you did any flights with me, or recall putting my name on your solo shirt, let me know if you want it. I also have a box full of T's that have been collected over the past two years. I'll go thru them in the next few days and make a list for quick reference. August 2010 they are all going in the dumpster.
Semper Fi
Rocky

scoolbubba

Brett327 gargles ballsacks
pilot
Contributor
Anyone think of donating them to NASC or asking the Museum if they had any idea of something to do with them?

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
Rocky,

I think the museum would be a great idea if they want them. Otherwise, if you are able to find mine give me a shout. Thanks!

OUSOONER

Crusty Shellback
pilot
Yeah, the museum would be a good idea... maybe you could hang them next to A4's solo t-shirt. (Yes, that's hieroglyphics)

96672301v3_480x480_Front_Color-AshGrey.jpg

jt71582

How do you fly a Clipper?
pilot
Contributor
Ahahaha I love how damn near every thread on this website contains some sort of A4s age-bashing.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Am I the only one who thinks that the IFS solo t-shirts were dumb? I don't even consider those solos as part of my Naval career, it was some little thing to do to see if I liked flying or not.

CommodoreMid

Whateva! I do what I want!
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was proud of my solo, especially since I'm a FO and would never do it again unless I got my PPL. My shirt looked retarded (mainly because of my complete lack of artistic skillz) but the couple minutes I spent making it was rewarding at the time. That's all that matters to me. Got a picture, got a memory, got my wings, it's all good.

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
I was proud of my solo, especially since I'm a FO and would never do it again unless I got my PPL. My shirt looked retarded (mainly because of my complete lack of artistic skillz) but the couple minutes I spent making it was rewarding at the time. That's all that matters to me. Got a picture, got a memory, got my wings, it's all good.
+1 For people that do not go on to fly in the military, that solo is just as rewarding as the T-34 solo.