• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recomendations

Status
Not open for further replies.

LSUJON

Ok I want to know something, do recs hold any weight in the determining if someone is good for flight school? how big of part does the process play? also what are the GPA req for the navy to get into OCS?

Grandmaster235

World's Greatest Pilot
Originally posted by LSUJONdo recs hold any weight in the determining if someone is good for flight school?
Yes.

Originally posted by LSUJONhow big of part does the process play?
"process"
icon_smile_question.gif
icon_smile_question.gif

Originally posted by LSUJONalso what are the GPA req for the navy to get into OCS?

LUCK = THE INTERSECTION OF PREPARATION AND OPPORTUNITY

aslam

I think he's asking how much the recommendation letters factor into the decision making process of the selection board. But I could be wrong. In any case, I'm not qualified to answer that question.

ASLAM.

JGalus

I got eight, count'em eight, recs myself. It can only make you look better, not really because you have recs, but that you put in the effort to get them. I divided the people I got into three categories: professors, former supervisors (all military officers), and people I have done community service with. A good tip that goes along with getting recs is asking the person that you want the rec from if it is okay with them before you give thier names to your recruiter so they know that they will be getting something in the mail and then once they send off the letter it is proper to thank them for doing it. I just had to through my two cents out there.

Jamie
BDCP (SWO)
(Sgt, USMC 91-99)

aslam

On the other hand, my package was only submitted with 2 letters. I guess the minimum is supposed to be 3 or 4, but my recruiter got tired of waiting and figured I was a lock for selection. I got SNA, so I guess it goes to show that things can work the other way as well.

ASLAM.

Status
Not open for further replies.