• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recommendations... who are they addressed to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
Does anyone know who to address these recommendations to? Just "To whom it may concern?" or "Navy Officer Candidate School Selection Committee?" Is there an address? Does it matter? If someone could let me know ASAP I would appreciate!!! THANKS.

sailorgloom

Warlord:

They are addressed:
MEMORANDUM FOR THE PRESIDENT, NAVAL OFFICER CANDIDATE PROFESSIONAL REVIEW BOARD

Good luck.

-SG

Warlord

SNA Hopeful
sailorgloom,

does this need to be sent directly to my local recruiter (who won't call or email me back), or to me? Does there need to be an address for millington on the actual letter itself, or on the envelope? Thanks for all your help. Any info. you have on the form of this letter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

sailorgloom

Oh no! You're recruiter! Man, the stories I could tell...

Anyway, you are supposed to bring all your stuff, when you have all of it, to your recruiter. Don't bother if you don't have everything! He or she will actually FedEx it to the board.

Good luck.

-SG

Doc_52

Most of the letters of recommendation that my son received were addressed to "To Whom It May Concern". He had all of his letters sent directly to him, not his OSO. After he received all of the letters, he hand delivered all of his recs to his OSO. As we all would hope with letters of recommendation, his recs provided input on what a fine person he is and how he will be a fine leader of Marines if selected. After the letters were delivered to his OSO, his OSO gave him a one-page Xeroxed "form" for him to send to those who wrote letters. It was basically one of those "typical" forms where you rank certain "characteristics" of the candidate on a scale of 1 to 5 (poor to excellent). Actually it wasn't 1 to 5, more like rankings such as always, most of the time, occassionally, rarely, not observed. (I hope you understand what I'm trying to say.
glasses_125.gif
. My son mailed off the forms to those who wrote letters and had them fill them out, sign, date, and return them to him. He then delivered them to his OSO. It would probably be OK to have everything (letters and forms) delivered directly to your OSO but the only way to know for sure that all the letters and forms are received by your OSO is to have them sent to you first, then hand deliver them to your OSO.

By the way, my son was accepted for OCC 184, SNA, out of the Dallas, Tx office.

Good luck to all of you. Most Americans have no idea how high the standards are for one to be accepted for OCC (OCS). Even to be considered is quite an honor....although, certainly, being accepted makes you feel much better than being considered but turned down.

Semper Fi Dad

Status
Not open for further replies.