• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter Deception??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cooljetta

I recently discovered the amazing opportunity offered by the Marine PLC-Aviation program. However, I am only a sophomore in college and I am still unsure of my career goals as of now. I signed a pre-application at my local USMC officer recruiting office to obtain a full application for the PLC program (I have not touched this full application yet). Of course the recruiter said that my signing of the pre-app was non-binding. But being the extreme skeptic that I am, I am worried that this may not be the case. Is this pre-app binding? And does anyone know of, or have personal experience with lies and deceit from a recruiter??

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
They can't make you do anything until you take an oath and sign on the dotted line. As of now, you're just an applicant.

kimphil

Originally posted by cooljetta
I recently discovered the amazing opportunity offered by the Marine PLC-Aviation program. However, I am only a sophomore in college and I am still unsure of my career goals as of now. I signed a pre-application at my local USMC officer recruiting office to obtain a full application for the PLC program (I have not touched this full application yet). Of course the recruiter said that my signing of the pre-app was non-binding. But being the extreme skeptic that I am, I am worried that this may not be the case. Is this pre-app binding? And does anyone know of, or have personal experience with lies and deceit from a recruiter??

PLC isn't binding. You can go through the PLC program, and you have up to a year to accept a commission after you graduate college. If you don't want to be an officer of Marines, you WALK away. No strings. Your not obliged to go to OCS if you get accepted, and if you go, you are only obliged to stay the first four weeks, after which you can DOR.

Status
Not open for further replies.