• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Recruiter Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim

Hi everyone,

I have recently received a pilot slot. Doesn't sound like a problem, but my recruiter intially told me that I would be on the BDCP program now he's telling me that I am not because it never actually showed up on the computer and that he only heard it through word of mouth from the head of his recruiting district. He tells me that I am currently 5th on the national wait list and should be put on BDCP as soon as everyone graduates this May, however, no guarantees. In the mean time he's pushing me to swear in even though I still have about two weeks left in my 30 day decision period. He also can't tell me what would happen if I find out that I am not pilot qualified at NOMI, he says that I most likely would be selected for my second choice (civil engineer) but again no guarantees. Does anybody else see any unpleasant surprises popping up with my situation, or am I just worrying too much? I really appreciate your input and your own experiences. Thanks again.

-jim

Gator

If you still have two weeks to make the decision as whether or not you take a direct commission or BDCP, then I would use those two weeks. Hopefully during that two weeks some BDCP slots will open up. If you do decide to sign for a direct commission I I don't think that you will be able to pick up BDCP later on when the spots open up. I'm not sure on this, but I would definitely ask before you make a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.