• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

recruiter

amthoel

I just met with a recruiter and she told me the only way to be competitive for an officer spot would be to have 3.5 gpa or higher. She was trying to get me to sign up enlisted the entire time. Is this true? Should i go meet with another recruiter?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
I just met with a recruiter and she told me the only way to be competitive for an officer spot would be to have 3.5 gpa or higher. She was trying to get me to sign up enlisted the entire time. Is this true? Should i go meet with another recruiter?

I echo scoober's recommendation to use the search function. Also, was she an officer or enlisted recruiter?

amthoel

i currently have a 2.9 and it will be going up. i also took a test while i was there and scored an 89. She was also a enlsted recruiter.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I would check out the other threads running on this subject right now. Seems to be a hot topic lately. If you don't like the answers you got from this recruiter try others. I had a Chief recruiter type tell a friend of mine when we were applying for ROTC scholarships (which was my back up) that I'd do OK for ROTC, but I didn't have what it took to go to the academy. I graduated 2 years ago. Just keep pursuing what you want to pursue.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
The wisdom around these parts is this....

If you want to become an officer, speak to an officer recruiter only.

Recidivist

The wisdom around these parts is this....

If you want to become an officer, speak to an officer recruiter only.

truth. The recruiter I first talked with actually tried to talk me into leaving college and into enlisting (saying with a 91 I could probably qualify for some really "cool" jobs, which is probably true). Find an officer recruiter. Chances are they will be a little farther away, but well worth whatever time you invest. Then you'll know the enlisted and officer sides of the coin.