• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Red Arrows video

HuggyU2

None
Seems like we've had a lot of discussions, photos, and videos of the Blues and TBirds. Here's a decent one of the Red Arrows, set to some music by Juno Reactor. The video is a touch shakey at times, but it's good. Their 9-ship stuff is just great. The variety they put in the shows is very good. They don't have the power of a Viper or Hornet, but make up for it with some very unique things that they do in 2, 3, and 4 ship formations.
http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/Anthrax/401/
Years ago, they did the Houston Airshow. They were just lounging in the performers area, eating burgers while lounging on the grass. Finally, the lead stands up and says something like "Well, mates, shall we?", and they all sauntered toward the jets. They proceeded to put on a great show, as usual. I heard years later that they have some sort of tradition where they each try to look as relaxed, casual, and late as possible, but without actually missing the flight check-in on freq.
Our Mediterranean location is the same place where the Reds to their winter workups. They're very good about letting our guys ride along in the backseat on their practices. I've missed out, but a bunch of guys have taken advantage of it.

cisforsmasher

pilot
wow that is one sexy plane... I just got done with learning how to fly two ship cruise form. It really gave me a new appreciation for how ridiculous air demonstration teams are. I would get spit out just trying to stay next to one guy. I can't imagine what would happen trying to stick with a 5 plane formation over the top.

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
Years ago, they did the Houston Airshow. They were just lounging in the performers area, eating burgers while lounging on the grass. Finally, the lead stands up and says something like "Well, mates, shall we?", and they all sauntered toward the jets. They proceeded to put on a great show, as usual. I heard years later that they have some sort of tradition where they each try to look as relaxed, casual, and late as possible, but without actually missing the flight check-in on freq.
Yeah, I saw them do a practice in Wales this year, the last two stood around trying to look disinterested until the lead shut his canopy and started his engine, then it was a mad dash to jump in and start in order to not miss check it. Good gamesmanship.... 'course there's not many checks to do in that jet either.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That's an awful lot of airplanes flying in formation. They make it look easy.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Ya, with a decent pilot and about a 3,000 # diet.

Huggy, how's the resident 2,000 hour U-2 pilot doing these days?

Edit: that music gave me a headache after about 30 seconds.

HuggyU2

None
Huggy, how's the resident 2,000 hour U-2 pilot doing these days?
He's back in the saddle, with an "Up Chit", checkride complete as of last week, and no complications from the surgery. Might even deploy in March! :D
It was only 20 weeks of no flying, but glad it's over.