• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Redesignation after NPQ (winged pilot)

heloJO

Hello all. I'm a winged helo pilot currently at the FRS. I've been found NPQ, with a slim (to none) chance of getting a waiver. Worst case I'll be redesignated, but how does that process work? Is it different from the lat transfer/redes boards held every year? Also, what are my chances of staying under the PERS43 umbrella? After putting in 3 years to aviation, I want to at least be able to apply some of what I've learned in my next job. I've been doing some research on AMDO and thinking that seems like a good option/fit for my background.

Any and all thoughts/advice is greatly appreciated. I'm looking for insight into the admin side of all of this, and hoping to not get blindsided by the process.

b0pric01

pilot
This happened to a really good friend of mine pretty recently and he got redes'd to ATC. Good luck.