• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Regarding the medical requirements toward becoming a navy pilot

hoytman

I am wondering if having a minor stroke and minor dyslexia are grounds for dismissal toward becoming a navy pilot.

MasterBates

Without consulting the NOMI waiver guide (which I hate), I would venture to guess that the stroke is a show stopper. Not that it's not possible, but I have never heard of it.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
Consult your neurologist or the NAMI folks listed on the link provided above for the most accurate answer...My best guess is that strokes are CD.

TIAs = mini strokes

"WAIVER: TIA's are permanently disqualifying. In rare cases where a curable cause is identified and treated (e.g. ASD with aneurysmal defect - surgically cured), referral for SBFS waiver consideration may be undertaken."

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
Consult your neurologist or the NAMI folks listed on the link provided above for the most accurate answer...My best guess is that strokes are CD.

TIAs = mini strokes

"WAIVER: TIA's are permanently disqualifying. In rare cases where a curable cause is identified and treated (e.g. ASD with aneurysmal defect - surgically cured), referral for SBFS waiver consideration may be undertaken."

Wow. So if there's an underlying condition causing it, STROKES can be waivered??

And the dude from Speed & Angels was shot in the FACE and is now flying F/A-18s?? Where exactly is the "SHOT IN THE FACE" waiver in the NOMI waiver guide??