• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Relief for Kitty Hawk, departing....

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
USS George Washington will be departing for points west and eventual relief of USS Kitty Hawk as the only forward-deployed carrier as reported on the news.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Thank God! Hopefully traffic will be a little easier in the morning.

You haven't seen anything. Try getting to or off the base in eighties or earlier with NARF/NADEP and no HOV. It was worse than DC rush hour.

Regardless, I look forward to less traffic when the GWCSG departs.

Renegade One

None
You haven't seen anything. Try getting to or off the base in eighties or earlier with NARF/NADEP and no HOV. It was worse than DC rush hour.

Regardless, I look forward to less traffic when the GWCSG departs.

Wow...I give you guys straight A for "goal displacement".

Get your head in the freakin' game, guys. It ain't all about what's best for you at rush hour.

Don't want to fight Navy-town traffic in a "Navy town" at rush hour? Grow corn in freakin' Iowa or somewhere. Norfolk/VA Beach would be just another "never heard of it" southern burg without the Navy...and you wouldn't be living there. Sheesh...

With some due respect, Spike

Renegade One

None
I got a well-deserved warning for "poor playground skills" for my prior post. Apologies to ALCON. I really do have ALL THE RESPECT IN THE WORLD for anyone and everyone who chose our line of work when they didn't have to...and nearly everyone we all grew up with didn't. Especially for "heyjoe" and his cohorts who keep this forum interesting, informative and entertaining...

"Don't you kick me out...I got nowhere else to go! (sob)" - Aviation Officer Candidate Zach Mayo

With all respect, Spike

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And CAG-17 goes on "cruise" once again. Those poor bastards...they can't give that air wing away these days...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
No worries, onward and upward....

"Don't you kick me out...I got nowhere else to go! (sob)" - Aviation Officer Candidate Zach Mayo

He was a CAT 1 in VF-101 Key West ACM Det in 89 when I caught up to his class as a CAT II heading to DH job in 89. I could swear he used that same line after a tough hop....

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I thought they did give pieceparts of it here and there recently

Squadrons and dets have been going out onesey-twosey for the last few years, plus a Caribbean booze cruise (not sure how much of the air wing embarked for that one...I think the helos, Hoovs and Hummers and some of the pointy-nose). When the air wing/boat/cruise assignments got shuffled after the decision was made to axe JFK, 17 was the one left without a chair when the music stopped.