• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Remembering CDR Harley Hall

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
As stated before on this site, he was my second cousin from my Mom's side of the family. I met him only once in 1970 at an airshow in Topeka, KS. There is another Hawaiian pilot I was talking to one night during a flight about airshows and the Blues when I mentioned Harley. Come to find out this Captain was Harley's first cousin and he is my second cousin - his Grandmother was my Mom's Aunt. Small world.

When I was just out of AOCS and waiting to start VT-10 I was in Trader Jon's looking at Harley's picture on the wall when Jon came up and asked me if I knew him. I told him about the family connection and he immediately told me my drinks that night were free. Jon then introduced me to a guy who turned out to be the current Blue's CO. This led to me getting five flights in the back seat of #7 over the next month while waiting to start at VT-10. Good times and a great introduction to Naval Aviation.