• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rockford IL Air Show 22-23 August 09

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
wtf? I was at the Air and Water show last weekend and the only naval presence was a Coast Guard Dolphin, and no Raptor? Rockford gets more love than Chicago? An E-2, an F-18... and the Raptor?

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
then it'll really piss you off to know that Sioux Falls South Dakota got a full Blue Angels presence, along with a raptor demo among the highlights.

There was a really moto heritage flight P-38 flying along side the Raptor.
62922454166803216552303.th.jpg

GO_AV8_DevilDog

Round 2...
Contributor
Pill_Hacker said:
Hey I was there for that one...:icon_tong

you're kidding me, I was one of the CAP idiots herding all the people into those ridiculously long bus lines from the relative safety of my golf cart, y'know, when I wasnt looking for heat cases or hanging out in the air-conditioned emergency command post..

yak52driver

Contributor
Just got back from the Rockford Airfest. Met MasterBates, he can now vouch that I am not a Chinese spy spoofing an IP address. :D

Huge military aviation presence. F-18 did a great demo, F-22 was awesome, there was a privately owned Harrier there, as well. B-1B did some fly-bys and made lots of noise. The crowd seemed to flock to the military aircraft, standing in long lines to tour some of the KC-135 and other military statics that were there.

MasterBates

Just got back (and have a 0800 brief in the morning.. THANKS OPS :icon_rage )

Was a good time, the Wx was nice, and I met Yak.

What did amaze me is the three biggest things that I got asked:

"Is that a Hurricane Hunter"
"Is this an Osprey"
"Why does it have 8 blades"

Very few people asked about the dome, or the carrier. We were the only Tailhook static display, and we were parked next to an E-3.

Random thoughts-

HOLYFUCKINGSHIT is the Raptor impressive.

The E-3 is ghetto as hell in the back, with a nice cockpit. Kind of the opposite of the E-2's Star Wars in the back, WWII in the front setup. The AWACS guys were shocked by how much junk we have jammed in the Hummer and that we run it with only 3 NFOs and no enlisted techs on board.

The E-6 was more roomy inside than I thought it would be.

And we got put up at the most ghetto Motel 6 ever. No phones in the rooms, no TV remotes (so it's kinda like the Yuma BOQ) NO shampoo or anything other than 1 bar of soap in the bathrooms. NO alarm clocks either. Oh, and the AC did not work.