• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Rotc essay

jblumgart

My NROTC ESSAY... any feedback please

Discuss your reasons for wanting to become a Naval Officer.

Ever since I was a young child I have always looked up to the men and woman in uniform, and heroes in general. Each and every day I wake up and turn on the news and learn of a fallen hero who has died in the days past, and these tragedy's inspire me to do great things in this world and help the lives of other human beings. As I have grown, I have realized that the Navy is made up of class and Sailors with integrity with the desire to make things better in these harsh times. The Navy has inspired me to do better as well, I would love to join not only a military branch, but a family of heroes who want to make a change in the world, and there is nothing better than serving my beloved country in The United States Navy. By joining the United States Navy I will be able to learn values and leadership qualities that will benefit me for the rest of my life and I will be able to pass them down from generation to generation. It would be a great privilege to be able to lead Sailors in the United States Navy as an Officer. It is a great deal to become a Navy Officer, and the job requires hard work and leadership to get the job done and correctly, this provides a challenge for me to step up and lead and fill the shoes of Past Naval Officers. Through out the years as being a United States Naval Sea Cadet I have learned three great values to go by. Honor, Courage and Commitment. These three great values have helped live my life as a great citizen and help me influence the lives of many people and be a mentor. And most of all I would carry these three core values over to the Navy with me to change the live of many people. I am very proud of my Naval heritage, and I would love to be an Officer who continues carries on the tradition. While I strive to be the best I can be, I want to be push my self forward, as far as possible. Being a United States Naval Officer would allow me to accomplish my goal.

Lobster

Dude starting multiple threads that are identical in subject matter is a bad idea...one will get viewed and responded to just fine.

Ricky Bobby

I am very proud of my Naval heritage, and I would love to be an Officer who continues to carry on the tradition. While I strive to be the best I can be, I want to push my self forward as far as possible. Being a United States Naval Officer would allow me to accomplish my goal.

Agree with the above about starting more than one thread but I will answer your question. I thought it was a good essay besides some grammatical errors I noticed towards the end. Corrected them for you to the best of my knowledge.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I just deleted four copies of this essay. Please do NOT continue to spam the forum. If you have a question, PM and ask someone; don't hijack a random thread and ask how to post. And like everyone has mentioned, one thread is plenty. Everyone can read all the public fora, so there is no need to post in multiple places.

I disagree with the above post about it being a good essay. Start out by reading your statement over again and fixing the errors. I'll post more later.

Quick side note, I don't know too many people that can call themselves great citizens - are you sure you're one of them?

Ricky Bobby

I disagree with the above post about it being a good essay. Start out by reading your statement over again and fixing the errors. I'll post more later.

Quick side note, I don't know too many people that can call themselves great citizens - are you sure you're one of them?

Agreed, I should have read over the essay a little more thoroughly before I posted my original post. Calling yourself a great citizen is a bit arrogant and there are a few more grammatical errors than the ones I pointed out before. However I do feel that the gist of your essay is solid. Good luck, feel free to PM me with questions about the application process.

jtmedli

pilot
Fix the grammatical errors!!! Don't end sentences with prepositions and throughout is one word. For example:

Throughout the years as a Naval Sea Cadet I have Learned to go by the following three great values: Courage, Honor, and Commitment.

Just a suggestion.

EDIT

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Where to start...

It should be an Essay, 5 tight paragraphs. Don't be overly melodramatic. Apostrophes are for possessives, not plurals "tragedies" not "tragedy's".

Fix the run-on sentences; there are many. Don't capitalize sailors and watch the other random capitalizations.

Start over. Have an intro with a main idea and supporting points, the body paragraphs flesh out those supporting points - one point per paragraph. The conclusion ties it all together and leaves the reader with sense of completeness. I am almost positive you are going to over think this, we all did, that is why you need to start over and post up again. Post only one thread this time please, or just add to this thread.

Steve

Elegant Emily

I love my husband!
My NROTC ESSAY... any feedback please

Discuss your reasons for wanting to become a Naval Officer.

Ever since I was a young child I have always looked up to the men and woman in uniform, and heroes in general.

There is only one woman in uniform?