• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Royal Marines at OCS

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Speaking from personal experience, I'd take any instruction they were offering. (On military matters that is.) Their bootcamp is insane, their standard field exercise even worse, and the Royal Marine Commando course surpasses all that and enters the ludicrous. While in Mike CO at TBS, I got to cart ammo around (hey, someone's got to sign for it, right?) for a group of those lads, and I felt privelaged. And they are absolute MANIACS on libo. Some of the most outrageous things I've ever seen that night...

pjxc415

pilot
I was Golf Company First Increment summer '05. The Royal Marine you see in the picture was a Color Sergeant. He was in charge of every aspect of the physical conditioning program at OCS. We really only saw him during in-processing for weigh-ins, our initial physical fitness/nutrition brief, a couple random pt events, the field meet, and our PT maintenance brief right before graduation. He was very knowledgable but those briefs tended to put us to sleep. According to the Colonel it is tradition for a Royal Marine to be stationed at OCS. The Colonel had one when he went through OCS as well. Any questions let me know.

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
pjxc415 said:
I was Golf Company First Increment summer '05. The Royal Marine you see in the picture was a Color Sergeant. He was in charge of every aspect of the physical conditioning program at OCS. We really only saw him during in-processing for weigh-ins, our initial physical fitness/nutrition brief, a couple random pt events, the field meet, and our PT maintenance brief right before graduation. He was very knowledgable but those briefs tended to put us to sleep. According to the Colonel it is tradition for a Royal Marine to be stationed at OCS. The Colonel had one when he went through OCS as well. Any questions let me know.

The Royal Marine the picture isn't OCS's Colour Sergeant. These "chaps" seem to be there in some other capacity. I graduated with Echo 1st increment '05 too.

pjxc415

pilot
Yep, good call. I didn't even check the pic just made the assumption. Thought we only had one Brit on base. Echo eh?? We had some good battles.

Box

Yea, thats not the coloured sgt. Im still here at OCS, Alpha Co. Almost done! w00t!

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Box said:
Yea, thats not the coloured sgt. Im still here at OCS, Alpha Co. Almost done! w00t!

Errrr. Congrats on almost being done with Alpha. So what's the deal? Have you seen more Royal Marines bumping around OCS at all?

Box

DocT said:
Errrr. Congrats on almost being done with Alpha. So what's the deal? Have you seen more Royal Marines bumping around OCS at all?

I've only seen that one coloured sgt and thats it. But this morning I bumped into 8 Colonel's, 4 Lt Colonels, 3 majors and a partridge in a pair tree all at once! Never seen so much shiny before in one place, lol.