• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russia to deploy new hypersonic missile systems

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://en.rian.ru/russia/20050927/41524134.html

Excerpt:
"We are developing and will deploy new strategic high-precision systems that have no rivals across the globe. These hypersonic systems will be capable of changing the course and altitude. They will be practically invulnerable, including to air defense systems," the president said speaking on live television and radio.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
This could have some serious consequences and repurcussions...

That being said, its Russian... and do they really have the money/resources to maintain such a system? The Russians do have a recent history of having potentially awesome weapons/equipment fail miserably to do maintannance and training issues...

Even so, a "futuristic state-of-the-art" weapons system in the hand of the Russians (or anyone but US for that matter) doesn't sit well with me.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
One word: Exports

While the Soviets weren't a fan of exporting their top-shelf waepons systems, like the T-80, the "new Russians" have been doing that.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
So are these going to be cruise-missile type weapons, or ICBM's? Last time I checked, a ballistic missile qualifies as a "hypersonic" missile during most of its flight.