• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Russian Pissing Contest

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Russia is just :confused: right now. Read This:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070912/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_russia_sex_2

Apparently Russia is encouraging couples to take the day off and have sex (not a bad idea) in order to boost the declining birth rate (not a great idea I think given the state of their economy).

Russia wants to reverse a trend in which the population is shrinking by about 700,000 people a year as births fail to outpace a high death rate boosted by AIDS, alcoholism and suicide.

Why not instead take some money out of that insanely large defense budget and try to fix some of the problems causing large amounts of deaths from AIDS, alcoholism and suicide? :confused::confused::confused:

nicknight

"Unlike a nuclear weapon, the bomb doesn't hurt the environment, he added."

Minus the uhm.... HUGE F!#^%IN EXPLOSION KILLING EVERY LIVING THING IN IT'S WAKE:icon_rage

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
They are farting at us. Making a bigger overall blast isn't necessarily the best tactical use for ordnance. The best option is maximizing the explosives force on the largest piece of real estate. Larger single burst weapons aren't really the answer for that puzzle.

It is a SOF weapon.

Mr. Blonde

My ass is a motherfuckin' champion
pilot
Or they could be intending to use it to clear LZs, much like the Daisy Cutter.

Clear LZs? You mean like for an invasion?!!

reddawn.jpg

:)

SemperGumbi

Just a B guy.
pilot
Or they could be intending to use it to clear LZs, much like the Daisy Cutter.

True, but as my memory serves they already have a more specific weapon for that task where the majority of energy is geared toward lateral destruction over a smaller area, but with more lateral "cutting" force. Anyone with more recent info than me probably can speak to it a little better.

I'm not an expert on conventional, so grains of salt all around. But blast dynamics hold fairly constant.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Russia is just :confused: right now. Read This:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070912/od_uk_nm/oukoe_uk_russia_sex_2

Apparently Russia is encouraging couples to take the day off and have sex (not a bad idea) in order to boost the declining birth rate (not a great idea I think given the state of their economy).

Why not instead take some money out of that insanely large defense budget and try to fix some of the problems causing large amounts of deaths from AIDS, alcoholism and suicide? :confused::confused::confused:

Actually, their military budget is nothing compared to ours, more like a fraction. Did you notice that most of their saber rattling has been with older weapons? Who cares that they can build one big bomb? It really is a case of 'mine is bigger than yours'.......Well, if you don't show up what is the use?