• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

S-2 Video (through wave)

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Bz

mules83 said:
We had talked about this before on some other random threads. Since im so good;) ......I found a video of it

video

A future A4s in the making methinks....well done grasshopper! This is the most classic carrier PLAT tape ever.

vanity

Zoomie
Someone mind explaining what happened, not familiar with this incident. Looks like it hits a big wave but somehow keeps flying.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
vanity said:
Someone mind explaining what happened, not familiar with this incident. Looks like it hits a big wave but somehow keeps flying.

That's the beauty of big radial engines, a turbine would have flamed out in a heartbeat. The S-2 flew through the wave/spray.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
MULES: BZ, now ..... your next assignment is to find the filmstrip of the A-3 wire separation when the Whale trickles off the angle while attempting to go around ... I've seen it 1000 times ... just can't find it on a computer search.

USS Midway -- Pacific, early '60's strikes a bell. This is a clip from the aftermath with the crew sitting on the wing as the ship drives by ... all made it.

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
My old man actually has a few hours in the C-1 which was kind of a novelty for him, being a VF type. He called it "2 T-28s flying formation on a **** can"

BigIron

Remotely piloted
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I bet there were some corrosion gripes on that bird upon return

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Mumbles said:
My old man actually has a few hours in the C-1 which was kind of a novelty for him, being a VF type. He called it "2 T-28s flying formation on a **** can"
I too have some "Stoof" time --- S2F Tracker, that is .... not C-1, which, of course, was the COD derivative of the S2.

Actually ... the phrase originated with the Stoof squadrons ... and it's usually referenced as "2 T-28's flying formation on a Dempsey Dumpster" ...

I'm sure you can see why .... :)

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I bet it took a week to get the seat cushion out of the pilots ass after that takeoff!