• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Salute to Operation El Doardo Canyon

Pugs

Back from the range
None

5 minutes of USAF love - 1 minute of Navy - News to everyone that there's a radar in a Pave Tack pod - no mention of the A-7's just the F/A-18's no mention of the Christmas surge to get Prowlers to Coral Sea who didn't have a Prowler squadron - strikes me as USAF fluff piece or maybe another "fine" history channel production.

For those with access go look up Crotale and you'll see why the USAF lost an F-111 when they had EF-111's along and there were no Navy losses to same with Prowlers.

HuggyU2

None
Gee, Pugs... I never considered it a parochial thing, with "AF love" or "Navy love"... just a heck of an operation with lots of "aviation love".
Plus, there are 2 minutes of "Navy love" in the video.

I was not aware that Maj Ribas-Domenici's downing was ever figured out.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Gee, Pugs... I never considered it a parochial thing, with "AF love" or "Navy love"... just a heck of an operation with lots of "aviation love".
Plus, there are 2 minutes of "Navy love" in the video.

I was not aware that Maj Ribas-Domenici's downing was ever figured out.

Please don't confuse my review of the video with any critique of any service. The massive move to get Prowlers to the Coral Sea is a great story in itself, before my time but I had a cousin who was an AE3 that went. The crews (including 1 USN ECMO on an exchange tour in EF-111's) did a tremendous job.

There was a CIA article in Studies in Intelligence on the high side that made a very good all source case for a Crotale kill. The data behind it is pretty strong and well put together.