• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

scholarship

Curshford

hey guys this is my first post,

My names mike im a junior in highschool in florida dead-set on going to an NROTC program in college. I have a 3.3 gpa working for the 3.5 before end of school year in may. What i wanted 2 ask was how competitive the scholarship actually is. Im the captain of my football team and ive been playing 3 years now as Running back and fullback. Im also in track and field for shotput and discus, part time job + more. Advice on what makes people stand out on the application? I also sent in an application to the USNA summer seminar program.

Curshford

My plan for the future is get the scholarship and go to a good college with a NROTC program and go all 4 years. then after that i want to go into specwar and become a seal...i know how hard it is i have 3 dvd sets of 4 on the training that happends in BUDS. i know what im getting myself into and im starting to train for it now. right now i can do the 42 pushup AND 50 situps all in 2 mintues. advice? should i start talking to a recruiter?

Curshford

and do u have to take the ASTB test if u graduate from NROTC? the only information ive been gettin up until now has been form misc. websites.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
hey guys this is my first post,

My names mike im a junior in highschool in florida dead-set on going to an NROTC program in college. I have a 3.3 gpa working for the 3.5 before end of school year in may. What i wanted 2 ask was how competitive the scholarship actually is. Im the captain of my football team and ive been playing 3 years now as Running back and fullback. Im also in track and field for shotput and discus, part time job + more. Advice on what makes people stand out on the application? I also sent in an application to the USNA summer seminar program.

Read this post: http://www.airwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=135245

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
and do u have to take the ASTB test if u graduate from NROTC? the only information ive been gettin up until now has been form misc. websites.

Everyone that wants to go aviation must take the ASTB regardless of commissioning source (USNA, NROTC, OCS).

-ea6bflyr ;)

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
My plan for the future is get the scholarship and go to a good college with a NROTC program and go all 4 years. then after that i want to go into specwar and become a seal...i know how hard it is i have 3 dvd sets of 4 on the training that happends in BUDS. i know what im getting myself into and im starting to train for it now. right now i can do the 42 pushup AND 50 situps all in 2 mintues. advice? should i start talking to a recruiter?

One step at a time young padiwan. First decide on how you plan to get a commission (USNA, NROTC, OCS), THEN you can decide on your career.

Take some time to use the AirWarrior SEARCH Engine to find posts related to NROTC, USNA, SEALS, etc.

-ea6bflyr ;)