• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sea Air Space Expo in DC

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
I was going to try and go Wednesday morning. Don't take all the free pens / notepads / strike fighters!

If only the metro could get me over there then I know what I would be doing today for lunch.....I'm going to try to check it out tomorrow

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Spent the whole day there today. Lots of interesting "stuff."

I registered for tomorrow.....Hopefully their shuttle services are good so I can go over there for a bit during lunch and check out the exhibit

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Shnuggie...I wish I had known you were there as well. Our company was sadly under represented, and it would have done a lot of folks there a lot of good to get out of their bunkers and see what the rest of the world and the real Navy is doing. I was seriously impressed. I felt like I was 10 years old again. The neat "stuff" there was eyewatering. I wish we could have taken pics. HJ....sorry I missed you as well...will you be attending until Wednesday??

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I registered for tomorrow.....Hopefully their shuttle services are good so I can go over there for a bit during lunch and check out the exhibit

Dude,
you'll seriously want to try to allocate a whole day. Way too much to take in just over a lunch break. Lots of shuttles running as well evidently.

BarrettRC8

VMFA
pilot
If I was still up near DC you could've counted me in - Unfortunately I'm "stuck" down here in Florida. :icon_mi_1

I do miss the museums that DC had. I really wish I had made to the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center at least once more before I left...

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
Wish you could have come RC...
This stuff is like Star Wars....not antique museum stuff...
On another note, rode out around Aiden Rd off of 234 on the N side of Quantico last weekend...out west to 28 and then south to Remington/Brandy Station....amazing ride...you would have liked.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I attended the luncheon where CJCS ADM Mullen spoke. Very interesting.

His points: People #1, families #2, parts (everything else) #3
Shift of focus to war in Afghanistan vice Iraq.

But a big takeaway is he's been out of the budgeting process for 18 months as CJCS.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Shnuggie...I wish I had known you were there as well. Our company was sadly under represented, and it would have done a lot of folks there a lot of good to get out of their bunkers and see what the rest of the world and the real Navy is doing. I was seriously impressed. I felt like I was 10 years old again. The neat "stuff" there was eyewatering. I wish we could have taken pics. HJ....sorry I missed you as well...will you be attending until Wednesday??

Yep. I'm on station as of 2200 tonight.