• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SEA CADETS HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Ok, many of you saw the "the process..." thread, and at some point in it the Sea Cadets Corps was discussed. Now, next Saturday, I wanted to report to the Arkansas Division in San Francisco, but I recently looked at the Sea Cadets website and found that there are three different types of units: division, squadron, and battalion. The squadron-type unit is geared more in the direction of aviation, and the unit I was heading towards (division-type) is more geared toward surface navy life.

With the unit locator, I found two squadron units near my location, the HANCOCK Squadron lead by LT Vicki L. Swift, NSCC in Hayward and the MOFFETT Squadron lead by LT Leonard M. Long, Jr, NSCC in Mt. View.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THESE PARTICULARS UNITS? IF SO, ANY AND ALL INFORMATION WILL HELP!

PU Grad

MAC flight user
pilot
No one really wants to help you. Haven't you gotten that hint yet?

Seriously I know next to nothing about the Sea Cadets. Much less either unit. Maybe this will act as a bump to get someone that actually knows the info to respond.

Kobyra

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Kid,
Just pick the one closest to your home. If you don't like it, try the other one!

Try making sime decisions for yourself, instead of relying on a bunch of strangers that you have never met.

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
It had nothing to do with closeness.

I AM making the decisions, but I just wanted to ask if anybody had any information about the two. There happens to be a difference. The NSCC website does not have any information other than the address and CO. So, where the hell else am I supposed to find information?

This is a forum. People come here and chat with complete strangers that may have useful information which is what I was asking for.

Kid, huh? Why I oughta!
censored_125.gif
jester_125.gif

paikea

Eight-year-olds, Dude.
Lol, twidget.
gnasher_125.gif
jester_125.gif

Sea Cadets forum?!
crazy_125.gif
I don't think there are enough Sea Cadets or soon-to-be Sea Cadets on here other than me.

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Low_Slow_N_Dumb,
Give each unit a call and then take the time to visit each one to see what each has to offer, then you can make an informed decision. Good luck in whatever you decide to do.

As for the rest of you, Cut the guy some slack...He's just looking for information and this is a great place to seek out some of that info. (READ-Stop the Flaming or else!)
ea6bflyr
icon_smile_wink.gif

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Wow, pissed that I didn't see this one earlier... Ditto with emphasis what ea6bflyr said... This forum is all about passing information, and helping someone else out. I and many others have taken the time to answer YOUR questions, no reason to stomp on someone else's inquiries or goals. That could be a future Marine, Naval Aviator, Sub driver or SWO working for YOU someday. Take the time to pass on the gouge.

lowslow, I agree with ea6bflyr and USMCRugger, give the units a call and have fun in the sea cadets, a good orginization, and will definitely give you a chance to see and experience things that your friends won't.

bigspy007

Here is the thing....im a sea cadet in missouri (currently the #1 divison in Region 7!!) Anyway back to the point......dont pick your unit by what it is geared to (aviation, surface, or seebees) pick the one that offers the most. My unit offers alot, thats why i choose the one that is not avaition, the one that is avaition did have much to offer. Now im on the best color guard in 4 states and on the drill team, with a drill team commander who is a former member of the Marine Corps drill team. The summer training and classes during drill will give you everything you want aviation wise.....beside you are in san fran....right on the water, there will be some cool that you can do w/ a surface unit in a city right by the water. Now see my unit is surface, but were looking to go to seabees because were in the middle of freaking missouri....anyway choose by what the unit and the people who run it have to offer, and who the officers are and their backrounds, they make all the difference (most of our are former navy or marines)....if you have any questions PM me or email me at bigspy007@aol.com

fish

Status
Not open for further replies.