• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Searching for specific Tomcat Squadron...please help!

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
I'm actually searching for one specific Tomcat pilot. It was sometime between September 2000 and May 2001, and I was in 8th grade, at Warren Hills Middle School in Washington, NJ. Washington is a small town 15 minutes east of the Pennsylvania border in the northwest quadrant of the state. Sometime around mid-afternoon as I was sitting in my interdisciplinary enrichment class, I recognized the sound of a jet aircraft...I thought it was loud. Really loud. Actually...we all got up and ran to the window and I had my head out just in time to watch an F-14, wings in the swept back configuration come left to right infront of our middle school at what I remember as 100' off the ground...it banked slightly left and pulled up into a roll more gorgeous than any I've ever seen at any airshow. The pilot was a graduate of the local highschool (I think) and from what I remember, was given clearance for a flyover. He ended up loitering in the area between Washington and Mansfield. Through accounts from teachers that saw it, as he came around again perpendicular to the school, dropping below the lighting for the football stadium. It made the papers...I think he was grounded for several months after...But that was the pinnacle of my childhood and sparked in me a lust for aviation that I still havn't shaken. I've narrowed down the list of squadrons to those still flying in 2000, and then further to those that I think were based primarily out of New York or Oceana....VF-41, VF-102, VF-32, and VF-154.

The complete list of squadrons still flying at the time is as follows:
VX-23
VF-2
VX-30
NFWS
VF-14
VF-41, 102, and 154
VX-9
(correct me if I've missed any)

If any of you can help me find a name, or a squadron, or contact information of the pilot, I would be very very gratefull. Talking with him would be an amazing experiance, one that I've thought about for the last 6 years.

Thanks a bunch guys,
Matt

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
In 2004 I did a middy cruise with VF-32 so they were probably flying in 2000 as well.

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
wow thats quite a few posts for only a couple minutes. Thanks alot guys...I was basing the very preliminary information on the intro to fighter fling 2004...I watched the beginning and just wrote down the squadrons that I saw. I figured Id post this thread early in my research...you never know when something is right infront of you!

Thanks a whole lot guys,
Matt

MSkinsATC

pilot
As stated earlier, none of the East Coast Squadrons are up there, I am assuming those are probably what you wanna start your search with!

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
Hey guys the east coast squadrons are up there now. I'll start looking into them. Thanks again!