• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Secretary of the Army resigns

snizo

Supply Officer
I'm not saying that wounded soldiers don't deserve the best - but some of the video I saw on the news doesn't look all that different from a lot of government buildings (state and federal).

I understand that these conditions aren't desirable, but are they really that bad?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I tell you nothing solves a problem like everyone in a position of leadership quitting.

Tom

pilot
Contributor
That means the next guy can blame all the problems on the old guy.

snizo

Supply Officer
The secretary isn't the only casualty of this - the Commanding (2-star) General was fired, as well.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm not saying that wounded soldiers don't deserve the best - but some of the video I saw on the news doesn't look all that different from a lot of government buildings (state and federal).

I understand that these conditions aren't desirable, but are they really that bad?

The visuals on the news of the mold in the building have gotten the most attention but the worst part of it was the bureaucratic quagmire that the wounded soldiers were stuck in. The supprt staff at Walter Reed were overwhlemed with the number of seriously injured soldiers who were there long term and it made a difficult situation even worse. Things like guys waiting 10 months to find out that the Army does not consider them disabled when they are being discharged for medical reasons related to their injuries......:confused: The guys and gals were getting little assitance in that regard.

As someone who just went through the process for VA claims, it was difficult enough for me to figure out the process even functioning at full capacity (joke away.......;)). I can't imagine having to do it while recovering from serous injury.

Cate

Pretty much invincible

Well, there were "not in the greatest condition" conditions, and there were "cockroaches running around" conditions, and there were "toxic black mold in the ceilings" conditions, and there were "injured veteran lying in a puddle of his own urine and no one particularly seemed interested in resolving that situation" conditions. I'm not saying who should be on the chopping block and/or why, just that conditions ranged fully from "sparkly" to "skeezy" to "urine-soaked mattress pad."

snizo

Supply Officer
Well, there were "not in the greatest condition" conditions, and there were "cockroaches running around" conditions, and there were "toxic black mold in the ceilings" conditions, and there were "injured veteran lying in a puddle of his own urine and no one particularly seemed interested in resolving that situation" conditions. I'm not saying who should be on the chopping block and/or why, just that conditions ranged fully from "sparkly" to "skeezy" to "urine-soaked mattress pad."

Well - I didn't see any of that on CNN. All I saw was older/rundown rooms (reminded me of dorms at FSU), and water damage.

I stand corrected, then.

Marine4life

If you'd like to see black mold and cockroaches, not to mention snakes, spiders, and scorpions, enjoy a 6 month stay in the TBS BOQs.