• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Security Clearance Employment Records

bigokto

When your security package is being reviewed (for a clearance), how do they check out your emplyment records? I remember filling in people for references for jobs, and people to verify periods of unemployment. Do they also pull W-2's? or IRS tax information?
progress.gif

The reason I ask is that I held a job for like 3 days and quit. I didnt mention it on the EPSQ or my application.

Will this be a problem? Thanks in advance.http://afforums.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=70577

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When your security package is being reviewed (for a clearance), how do they check out your emplyment records? I remember filling in people for references for jobs, and people to verify periods of unemployment. Do they also pull W-2's? or IRS tax information?
progress.gif

The reason I ask is that I held a job for like 3 days and quit. I didnt mention it on the EPSQ or my application.

Will this be a problem? Thanks in advance.http://afforums.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=70577
Did you get paid for those 3 days?

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
Why not list it? I think everyone would agree that mentioning everything is the best policy. I was fired twice when I was 20 (now 27) and gave details as to why I was termed on the epsq. You can obtain your complete work history from the Social Security office if you need to.

A.Kuettel

If you were paid under the table at a job how would you go about citing it, or should you even mention it?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you were paid under the table at a job how would you go about citing it, or should you even mention it?

Let's not get ridiculous about this now. They're not interested in every lawn you mowed or house you painted as a teen. Use some common sense and put down the real jobs you had. If there was any tax/social security transaction, they're going to see it and want to know about it.

Brett

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
As I said earlier, go to Social Security Office near you and get a work history printout if you do not know if it was "under the table" or not. My first job as a dishwasher at a sketchy restaurant was under the table, or so I thought. Sure enough it was on my report.