• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

okpriorservice

I have interviews scheduled for the end of July, and the boards are in September. I am seeking an 1835 commission in the reserve program. My recruiter suggested finding a mentor to guide me through this process.

I’ve researched this site and noticed that others have recommended LinkedIn for finding mentors, but I haven't had success there. I also searched the threads here for similar posts but came up empty.

If there’s anyone who fits the bill and has the time, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to connect and potentially benefit from your mentorship.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I have interviews scheduled for the end of July, and the boards are in September. I am seeking an 1835 commission in the reserve program. My recruiter suggested finding a mentor to guide me through this process.

I’ve researched this site and noticed that others have recommended LinkedIn for finding mentors, but I haven't had success there. I also searched the threads here for similar posts but came up empty.

If there’s anyone who fits the bill and has the time, I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to connect and potentially benefit from your mentorship.

Thank you very much for your consideration.

When you're sending a LinkedIn connection request, have you been adding a note to discuss why you want to connect or network? If not, that's probably why you're getting ghosted...

okpriorservice

Yes, I included a note with my connection request and even upgraded my account to ensure I could do so. Despite that, I’ve only managed to find one individual so far. It’s not surprising that officers in Intel aren’t openly sharing their information to easily identify them. I also have a few feelers out through acquaintances and am exploring those connections as well.

okpriorservice

I’m a highly motivated professional with a strong background in analysis, strategic planning, and leadership. I'm eager to leverage these skills as a Navy Reserve Intelligence Officer. I've developed a knack for analyzing complex data and translating it into actionable intelligence for informed decision-making.

I've successfully managed client relationships and mitigated risk through comprehensive planning and market analysis. These experiences have honed my clear communication and strategic thinking skills, which are essential for an Intelligence Officer.

My life has been shaped by values of service, growing up overseas in cultures emphasizing duty and compassion. These experiences instilled in me a drive to contribute to the welfare of others and find fulfillment in collective achievement.

In various leadership roles, I've trained and mentored individuals to excel, such as at [Company 1], where I led to a 900% increase in annual transactions, and at [Company 2], where I managed a diverse team, resulting in promotions to store manager roles.

During my tenure at [Company 3], I navigated the economic challenges of COVID-19, driving substantial sales growth by analyzing market data and consumer needs, leading to a 62% increase in sales and a 28% expansion into new territories.

Now, I aim to make a significant impact by supporting the Navy Reserve with my skills and experience. Service runs in my family, and I am deeply connected to this legacy. My mission is to use my capabilities to support the Navy, serving a purpose greater than myself and contributing to a legacy of honor and excellence.

Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Summa Cum Laude | 4.0 GPA

FormerRecruitingGuru

I’m a highly motivated professional with a strong background in analysis, strategic planning, and leadership. I'm eager to leverage these skills as a Navy Reserve Intelligence Officer. I've developed a knack for analyzing complex data and translating it into actionable intelligence for informed decision-making.

I've successfully managed client relationships and mitigated risk through comprehensive planning and market analysis. These experiences have honed my clear communication and strategic thinking skills, which are essential for an Intelligence Officer.

My life has been shaped by values of service, growing up overseas in cultures emphasizing duty and compassion. These experiences instilled in me a drive to contribute to the welfare of others and find fulfillment in collective achievement.

In various leadership roles, I've trained and mentored individuals to excel, such as at [Company 1], where I led to a 900% increase in annual transactions, and at [Company 2], where I managed a diverse team, resulting in promotions to store manager roles.

During my tenure at [Company 3], I navigated the economic challenges of COVID-19, driving substantial sales growth by analyzing market data and consumer needs, leading to a 62% increase in sales and a 28% expansion into new territories.

Now, I aim to make a significant impact by supporting the Navy Reserve with my skills and experience. Service runs in my family, and I am deeply connected to this legacy. My mission is to use my capabilities to support the Navy, serving a purpose greater than myself and contributing to a legacy of honor and excellence.

Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice
Summa Cum Laude | 4.0 GPA

Hate to say it, but I would argue you either barely qualify or don’t even qualify at all for DCO Intel, based on the work experience and education.

An “average” candidate has legit 5-10+ years work experience in intel or related roles on top of graduate education, ideally in a STEM field.

okpriorservice

Hate to say it, but I would argue you either barely qualify or don’t even qualify at all for DCO Intel, based on the work experience and education.

An “average” candidate has legit 5-10+ years work experience in intel or related roles on top of graduate education, ideally in a STEM field.
I understand that the selection process is highly competitive. I have a lifetime of skills and experiences that I can't fully convey in a blog post. Despite the low probability of selection, I wouldn’t be who I am or where I’m at if I didn't give it my all. If the Navy recognizes something in me and I can be of service, I will consider myself better for the opportunity.

okpriorservice

I understand. To be fair, I'm not seeking others to assess my competitiveness. I am looking to connect personally with a Navy Reserve Intel Officer, as my recruiter would like. This way, I can discuss my background, qualifications, and experiences directly with them.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I understand that the selection process is highly competitive. I have a lifetime of skills and experiences that I can't fully convey in a blog post. Despite the low probability of selection, I wouldn’t be who I am or where I’m at if I didn't give it my all. If the Navy recognizes something in me and I can be of service, I will consider myself better for the opportunity.

What I'm implying is because you're either not qualified or barely qualified at all that perhaps is the reason you're not getting any responses via LinkedIn.

What I will say, while I'm sure your story is a remarkable one, every single applicant has their own... in addition to the skills, experiences, education, etc. that the DCO Intel community is looking for. If you're trying to use your own story as a means to leverage being qualified / competitive for reserve intel... I have some bad news for you. The DCO Intel board is not going to select someone who has a BA degree and minimal/no relevant work experience. Similarly, some recruiters and interviewers would even refuse to work with you, I certainly would be one of them because there's already many more competitive candidates out there.

You want people to notice / respond to you. Take a look at the reserve intel program authorization, linked here:

You should be exceeding all the qualifications listed, not just barely meeting them.

okpriorservice

What I'm implying is because you're either not qualified or barely qualified at all that perhaps is the reason you're not getting any responses via LinkedIn.

What I will say, while I'm sure your story is a remarkable one, every single applicant has their own... in addition to the skills, experiences, education, etc. that the DCO Intel community is looking for. If you're trying to use your own story as a means to leverage being qualified / competitive for reserve intel... I have some bad news for you. The DCO Intel board is not going to select someone who has a BA degree and minimal/no relevant work experience. Similarly, some recruiters and interviewers would even refuse to work with you, I certainly would be one of them because there's already many more competitive candidates out there.

You want people to notice / respond to you. Take a look at the reserve intel program authorization, linked here:

You should be exceeding all the qualifications listed, not just barely meeting them.
I appreciate your candor. I have received and reviewed the PA-208A before starting my application, and I qualify. However, I've only managed to identify one Navy Intel Officer on LinkedIn, and they haven't responded to my message. They haven't even read the message yet. I hoped I might have better luck here.

Alternatively, I have reached out to several friends of friends who are Navy Officers to get introductions to a Navy Reserve Intel Officer. I am hopeful this will be more fruitful. Thank you again for your input.

FormerRecruitingGuru

I appreciate your candor. I have received and reviewed the PA-208A before starting my application, and I qualify. However, I've only managed to identify one Navy Intel Officer on LinkedIn, and they haven't responded to my message. They haven't even read the message yet. I hoped I might have better luck here.

Alternatively, I have reached out to several friends of friends who are Navy Officers to get introductions to a Navy Reserve Intel Officer. I am hopeful this will be more fruitful. Thank you again for your input.

Based on your education alone, I don't think you do qualify.

"Major fields of study in international relations with a language/regional focus (e.g. Middle East or Asian Studies), political science, history, science, technology, engineering and mathematics are strongly preferred, but not required."

I don't see a criminal justice degree on this list.

okpriorservice

Based on your education alone, I don't think you do qualify.

"Major fields of study in international relations with a language/regional focus (e.g. Middle East or Asian Studies), political science, history, science, technology, engineering and mathematics are strongly preferred, but not required."

I don't see a criminal justice degree on this list.
No, that degree is not on the "strongly preferred" list. You are correct. Thank you for your time.

Hair Warrior

Contributor
How old are you? Are you prior service, and if so, can you describe it? Have you ever done intelligence work? Why do you want to do intelligence for the Navy?