• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Select/non-select dates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighuggies

Hi,

I've talked to my OSO (who is new), and since information can vary slightly from OSO to OSO, I was wondering when we would find out if we are accepted to OCS 187. My OSO said he would be able to get an informal select/non-select around the end of this month (July), but that the official select/non-select would be later (I think he said somewhere in August, with OCS starting 1st week of October).

Is this what you all have heard, and how accurate is the informal select/non-select? Lastly, what the last date to turn in PT scores?

reapergm

I havent heard that. I heard the board meets in early Aug, like the second week. Are you east coast or west coast?

bighuggies

I'm on the west coast. I believe I read somewhere in these forums that there are informal select/non-selects before the board dates, but it wasn't definitive.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
I was always told that the board meets the first week of August. I'm west coast too. Does anyone else besides bighuggies and myself have brand new OSO's? I was actually the last contract my old OSO did before he left for Expeditionary Warfare School, but I'm curious if others have lost their OSO.

riley

I'm out of the Dallas office. The OSO I've been working with left last week for VA. I haven't met the new OSO yet.

I've also been told the board meets the first part of August and I expect official notification the first part of September. I think the Class date is 03 October.

reapergm

I know its different for east vs. west. 2 boards, 2 dates. I dont know west coast. I know the east coast seems to wait until the last minute. As far as I know, its the same on the east as last year. Board meets the 2nd week or so. Notification in early Sept. Not alot of notice, but whatever... you get to go to OCS! I hope I get my app in for this board, I hope to see you guys there.

plmtree

I'm on the west coast and last thing I heard is that the board convenes early august with results in mid august. I'm taking my PFT on the 15th, OSO says that package deadline is approx two weeks before the board convenes.

Arc Angel

2nd Lt at TBS
Right the package is due two weeks prior, but you can update your PFT all the way up through the end of this month. They just fax the sheet down to where ever the board happens to meet and insert it into your file. Reaper, what the hell is that and what is it saying?

Status
Not open for further replies.