• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection Board - OCC 189/190

Status
Not open for further replies.

frogman

Someone please tell me if they have been told any information about the following...

The selection board for OCC 188 and 189 will meet in March to select air candidates for each of those classes. This reflects a change in policy in how and when the Corps will select Officer Candidates for air contracts. This supercedes the previous process which was to review applicants 30-40 days before OCS starts.

This information was provided by an OSO, so I'd love to know if anyone else has heard anything similar.

skyhigh81

frogman said:
Someone please tell me if they have been told any information about the following...

The selection board for OCC 188 and 189 will meet in March to select air candidates for each of those classes. This reflects a change in policy in how and when the Corps will select Officer Candidates for air contracts. This supercedes the previous process which was to review applicants 30-40 days before OCS starts.

This information was provided by an OSO, so I'd love to know if anyone else has heard anything similar.

I thought 188 was already over. I know the board is going sometime around 28 March 2005 for ECP 189. There is a MARADMIN out there showing exact dates for the board and the actual class, but that is only for ECP (Enlisted Comm Prg) and MCP (Meritorious Comm Prg). However, ECP and MCP Marines go through the training along the regular civilians so I would guess the final word will come around the same time. Good luck.

frogman

That's my mistake guys - the post should have referred to 189 and 190. I was told that both the June and October '05 classes will be reviewed in March though. Just wanted to see if this is common knowledge or even correct. It seems like a quite a bit in advance to be selecting October candidates in March. Anyone?

samadma

OCC-169 Grad
OCC-189,

If you're looking to go Air/NFO for OCC-189, I STRONGLY RECOMMEND you get your application and flight physical done early and in time for the board. The board may not accept applications (hint, hint!) if you do not have a complete air medical physical in their hands on time. Also, if your PFT needs a little work, WORK ON IT NOW, so you'll have the best score you can have for the board. Tell your friends too who are even thinking about because selection will be tough. The person that waits till the last minute might find themselves applying next year! Same for PLC/MECEP/ECP/etc... I'll leave it at that. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.