• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Selection process

cbump

Good morning everyone. I am new here but have a few questions. First a little background on myself. (Copied from my profile)

After getting off active duty in 06 (HM3), I was hired by Halliburton and have been making great money since. The only problem, is that I DO NOT enjoy my job at all. I often find myself missing the Navy and regretting not pursuing my original dream of becoming an Officer. Finally, about a month ago I decided that there is no reason why I should give up on that dream. So right now, I have registered for college and they have transferred 36 hours in from my SMART transcript, so I start my first classes in December as a sophomore. If I do the max workload, I can finish my degree in 2 years. I also recently contacted a reserve recruiter, and am in the process or re-joining in the active reserves so that I can get back in the military lifestyle while I go back to school. Although, I am a little worried about this due to the Navy being overmanned right now. It may be hard to get back in, even the Reserves. I will be leavng a 100K+ job with Halliburton once I finish my degree if I can get my commission. But it will be the proudest moment of my life!
Now, I have 2 years to get the wife on board!! haha

Due to the degree program I have chosen (History) it looks like my choices for Officer programs are limited to NA/NFO or SWO. Aviation is what my main goal is but I would be just as proud to become an SWO if I was not selected for NA/NFO.
My questions are, what steps do I need to take as an enlisted reservist once I finish my degree to apply to OCS?
How does the selection process work for OCS (and NA/NFO)? What can I do to prepare myself for selection?
I will be 27, possibly 28, when I finish my degree so I understand I may be pushing it very close as far as age limits go. Is it hard to get an age waiver for being prior active duty?
I have read on an Air Force site (not looking into Air Force--it just came up while searching for information) that selectees with civilian pilot's license are way ahead of applicants without. Is this a must?

I undestand that my first order of business is obtaining my degree, but I want to be as prepared as I possibly can be when the time does come. This is my dream and I would be crushed if things did not work out in the end.
I do have a few more questions regarding my eye sight but I figure this is good for now.

I apologize this is so long, and I appreciate any help that you can provide.

cbump

In the last two days I have read a ton of gouge here (with a ton to go). I apologize for not reading a little first before posting this.
I know an OR would be the best bet in getting some of my questions asked but I did not waste one's time when I am still a sophomore in college. At what point in my degree path is it appropriate to contact an Officer Recruiter? I was thinking once I reach Senior status I would call.

Thanks again.

cbump

Gentlemen, I have found all my answers above. Mods can delete this if needed.

PS, after reading the SWO forum, I may scratch that from my list. haha