• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Senator Obama's Plan for Iraq

Lobster

He is splitting hairs, the Iraqis have signaled their increasing readiness for us to leave, publicly.

He did this a couple weeks ago as well, twice in the same day, then later in the late afternoon he got on a stated what he was actually trying to say. The statement in the afternoon condradicted the first two points he'd made.

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
He did this a couple weeks ago as well, twice in the same day, then later in the late afternoon he got on a stated what he was actually trying to say. The statement in the afternoon condradicted the first two points he'd made.
Which "he" are you speaking of: Sen. Obama, the writer of the article for the NY Post, or Nouri Kamal al-Maliki?

Mumbles

pilot
Contributor
I find it funny that the Senator took all the comments he had made disparaging the surge off of his campaign's website.

BlackBearHockey

go blue...
he wants to focus efforts on Afghanistan where they belong.

As much as the "wardroom rules" according to the sticky have been neglected or circumvented, your added criticism and display of your personal opinion about the current focus shows a huge lack of foresight on your part. Maybe I'm getting paranoid at the amount of typical liberal catchphrases that are going around, but that one rubbed me the wrong way. There's a thread regarding how to succeed in Iraq, if you're looking for a place to be vocal about how you feel.

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
Adm. Mullen is apparently thinking along lines of sending some of the Iraq forces to Afghanistan:

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/16/pentagon.troops/index.html

But the real news is: Dress Khakis?!?!?!?

art.gates.mullen.navy.jpg

schwarti

Contributor
I've seen a lot of photos with CJCS in SDKs recently... rockin' the khaki combo cover, too. :D

AJB37

As much as the "wardroom rules" according to the sticky have been neglected or circumvented, your added criticism and display of your personal opinion about the current focus shows a huge lack of foresight on your part. Maybe I'm getting paranoid at the amount of typical liberal catchphrases that are going around, but that one rubbed me the wrong way. There's a thread regarding how to succeed in Iraq, if you're looking for a place to be vocal about how you feel.

I may be wrong, but I feel he may have been saying that Obama feels Afghanistan is where the efforts belong. I don't think m0tbaillie was expressing his own opinion, even if his opinion coincides with Obama's.