• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

senior stipend?

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I was wondering if senior (1/C) mids are supposed to recieve monthly stipend during the summer between junior and senior year. The reason I ask is that I have been recieving my $400/mo payments all through this summer until now. My payment due on the 1st of this month is now a week late, and when I talked (via email) to the YNCS at my unit he said that we aren't supposed to recieve stipend until classes start. Who is right? Thanks

You shouldn't get your regular stipend during ANY summer. The only pay you recieve is for summer cruise start to end dates and the school year. If you are paid during the summer, they will withhold your Senior monthly stipend until the debt from the accidental summer payment is resolved. Makes sense?

HTH,

-jai5w4

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
I was wondering if senior (1/C) mids are supposed to recieve monthly stipend during the summer between junior and senior year. The reason I ask is that I have been recieving my $400/mo payments all through this summer until now. My payment due on the 1st of this month is now a week late, and when I talked (via email) to the YNCS at my unit he said that we aren't supposed to recieve stipend until classes start. Who is right? Thanks

As a Senior, you get your stipend during the summer. Enjoy the extra money, it happened for everyone I know.

henley06

I got the pay while I went through OCS between my Junior and Senior summer. And yes, they weren't supposed to. So needless to say I didn't get some money for a while during my senior year. It sucks.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
As a Senior, you get your stipend during the summer. Enjoy the extra money, it happened for everyone I know.

see, thats why I am confused....b/c everyone at my unit I have talked to said we get it, I have been getting it until now this summer, and now it gets cut off....sort of weird. I was just wondering if anyone knew if its actually written somewhere that we are supposed to be paid, or if it is just by some fluke in the system

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
You could dig around in the CNET (or whatever it's called now) instructions. I remember when I was a senior, I got it over the summer, but that was 9+ years ago.

UMichfly

pilot
None
I got it all summer this past summer and I haven't had any interruption in pay whatsoever. I have heard of lots of issues with people not being paid but according to our Human Resources Assistant (a.k.a. the lady who's supposed to be painfully familiar with everything that is NETC) we are supposed to get paid between our 2/C and 1/C year.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
see, thats why I am confused....b/c everyone at my unit I have talked to said we get it, I have been getting it until now this summer, and now it gets cut off....sort of weird. I was just wondering if anyone knew if its actually written somewhere that we are supposed to be paid, or if it is just by some fluke in the system

obviously you got screwed, id look into it

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I did some research online and found a link to the University of Kansas NROTC battalion regs which mentions stipend. To paraphrase, it states that mids get paid between 2/c and 1/c year but payment ceases during "periods of summer or winter training". I am guessing that this caveat is the reason for my lapse in payment (since I was on TEMADD summer training orders last month)....maybe it takes this long for the system to catch up since I got paid stipend while I was in Lemoore.

And since we are on the subject of pay, how long does it normally take for DFAS to get the travel claim (and remaing 20% of cruise pay) paid and transferred? I didn't ever notice when my cruise money got paid off last summer

defiant85

None
About three weeks, at least that's how long mine took. My YNC also told me that they stop stipend payments until your travel claim is in. I received the stipend while on cruise, but they stopped it once I got back until DFAS received my travel claim. Hope that helps.

todd740

Trogdor comes in the NIIIIIGHT!!!
pilot
You do get your stipend during the summer before your 1/C year for the days you are not on curise. For those days you get paid normal cruise pay. They dont allow you to "double dip".

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I got stipend while on cruise in addition to the cruise pay.

I believe the point here is that while you may have been paid the stipend amount while on cruise, you weren't entitled to the stipend, so they should be stopping the stipend later on to balance it out (kind of like a payback). You can't double dip because you're on active duty and the stipend is for being in an inactive status (or whatever Adm Cotton is calling it now).

Oakley568

DI$BO
You DO get stipend, just not on cruise (like everyone says)...i got paid during my cruise then didn't get paid for 2 cycles because of the no double dipping rule. You get paid, it's great, enjoy it.