• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Seniors & boot runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTE83

Question for those who have attended Seniors:

First off-- I can run a 300 PFT, however, I rarely do any running in boots. Knowing this, do you'll think i'll do okay at Seniors as far as PT goes? I did plenty of running in boots at Juniors...but honestly that's the last time I did boot runs pretty regularly.

I can run long distance in go-fasters (10+ miles), so is it safe to assume the boots runs we'll do in Seniors won't kick my ass too bad? My boots are actually pretty new (I replaced the ones I had at juniors since they were a size too small...yeah...ouch)...and I got some nice spenco insoles for them. So i'm hoping my lack of running in boots won't come back to break me.

Opinions and conjecture welcome!

Thanks

usmcecho4

pilot
You will be fine. I never ran in boots and it was no big deal. Just make sure you boots fit okay-ish and you shouldn't have a problem.

s/f,
usmcecho4

Raptor2216

Yep, I had a similar experience as usmcecho. I could run great in my running shoes but I never did any sort of running in boots prior to returning for seniors. I didn't have any issues with shin splints and such but I did get a couple of blisters. As long as you take care of the blisters quicky, you won't have any problems at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.