• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Separation orders

bandit

How soon have people been receiving separation orders?? I know they say to expect them 6 months in advance, but has anyone gotten them earlier??

I ask because I sold my house in 3 weeks vice the 6 months everyone was telling me it was going to take. Now I'm faced with a move and my orders havent shown up yet for me to contact personal property. Im officially out in May, but go on terminal in Feb (84 days).

I cant help but to think that the fiscal year will play a factor, but I dont need to move until Oct 22. If I dont get my orders in time, has anyone ever saved your receipts and turned them in when the separation orders show up for a dity move?

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
It's supposed to be 6 months prior to separation. However, I have noticed if you are in a special situation, they can take a lot longer. Recently, a buddy of mine got his sep orders less than a month and a half before his separation month.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you don't have orders in hand and you move, you will not be compensated for it...or rather, it will be on your nickel. Your best bet would be to work out some deal with the folks that bought your house. Either a) a longer than usual escrow period or b) rent on a month to month basis until you have orders. Do not move though before you have orders. Saving receipts and turning them in will do nothing for you.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Call the detailer and ask for the orders.. Since they are seperation that should be quick and easy cut and paste for them.. The accounting shouldn't be affected because, they are seperation orders which I believe is a different money pot than normal PCS orders.. I had to get my detailer to email mine when I was getting out..