• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sept. 2005 selection board for 22JAN06 query

helldog

Pending my passing of med/flight exams, I'll be cleared for the board of officers to look over my file and say go or no-go. Now, what exactly is the sequence of events here? I can't seem to keep it straight. I pass, I take PFT, they look it all over and if they say yes I sign the contract, but don't swear in til commissioning or do I? Or is it I pass the phys. exams, they say yes, I take the PFT and sign the contract afterwards and then wait the four months til I ship to Quantico? Also, can anyone shed more light on what exactly they're looking at or what they'll hear to make their decision?
Thanks all.

uhh

Ok there's a jumble of questions in there but I'll try my best..

My personal sequence up to this point has been..

Meps .. pass it.. take PFT pass it.. ASTB pass it..

Flighy physical.. pass it

You take your contracting PFT if your PFT is older than 30 days.. sign your contracts, take your oath... now your package is complete for the board..

Ship your package to board.. and take a PFT within 30 days..

Thats as far as I've gotten.. waiting for the board to either deny me or issue me orders to report to Quantico for OCC 190.

T-man

honestly most of these questions are answered best by your OSO. It has been my experience through reading this forum that each OSO seems to do things a little differently. My sequence was:

Fill out application -> take ASVAB (my ACT scores from my junior year in high school weren't quite high enough) -> take the ASTB -> Flight Physical -> initial PFT (didn't get high enough) -> fill out EPSQ -> take another PFT (235) -> submit app -> take another PFT (258) -> wait for board date and plan to take another PFT just before the board meets for west coast (23-26 Aug).

helldog

SoICanBeFree said:
Ok there's a jumble of questions in there but I'll try my best..

My personal sequence up to this point has been..

Meps .. pass it.. take PFT pass it.. ASTB pass it..

Flighy physical.. pass it

You take your contracting PFT if your PFT is older than 30 days.. sign your contracts, take your oath... now your package is complete for the board..

Ship your package to board.. and take a PFT within 30 days..

Thats as far as I've gotten.. waiting for the board to either deny me or issue me orders to report to Quantico for OCC 190.

Perfect. Thank you. I have passed the ASTB, and just have MEPS, the FP, and the contract PFT then. Just needed an outline there...so you take the PFT twice, once to contract and then once more before you ship to OCS. Aaah, sensei, it ees all beecoming cleear...domo arigato.
:bulb_125:

helldog

"Fill out application -> take ASVAB (my ACT scores from my junior year in high school weren't quite high enough) -> take the ASTB -> Flight Physical -> initial PFT (didn't get high enough) -> fill out EPSQ -> take another PFT (235) -> submit app -> take another PFT (258) -> wait for board date and plan to take another PFT just before the board meets for west coast (23-26 Aug)."

So you had to take the PFT 3x before you leave?
Veddy eeentedesteeng.

Right. Thanks, and I'll make sure to get the final process structure for me when I turn in my MEPS docs to my gunny and OSO. Love your binary quote by the way...classic.

T-man

helldog said:
So you had to take the PFT 3x before you leave?
Veddy eeentedesteeng.

Right. Thanks, and I'll make sure to get the final process structure for me when I turn in my MEPS docs to my gunny and OSO. Love your binary quote by the way...classic.

I can take the PFT as many or as few times as I like. The absolute minimum of course is 1. That is just how many times I have taken it in an effort to improve my score, and thus, improve my chances of being selected.

Thanks - one of the many quotes I get a kick out of... yes I am a geek :icon_tong

devildog2307

Can someone tell me when the selection board for this class meets? Further, are they taking air contracts in 191? I have heard mixed stories, and just want to get the record straight.

T-man

devildog2307 said:
Can someone tell me when the selection board for this class meets? Further, are they taking air contracts in 191? I have heard mixed stories, and just want to get the record straight.

East coast selection board for class 190 meets starting 9-12 Aug (next week). Selection board for the West coast meets 23-26 Aug. For class 191 starting in January, I am not sure. My guess would be the selection board meets sometime in November.

stevo01

devildog2307 said:

ask your oso. my guess would be absolutly. There are always talks about all air, all ground etc. Pretty much crap. Oso's have a certain # of air/ground for that specific office. If they have 3 air slots, and have 3 applicats, you prob will be told there are not any slots for you. this is where i think the misinterpretation takes place.

helldog

T-man said:
East coast selection board for class 190 meets starting 9-12 Aug (next week). Selection board for the West coast meets 23-26 Aug. For class 191 starting in January, I am not sure. My guess would be the selection board meets sometime in November.

I know for my region, at least here, my OSO told me the above dates are correct, AND as to the "guess," I was told October is the final meet date for this class. As for the taking of air contracts, it's all about "needs of the service" versus how savvy your OSO is at pluging you in at he right time plus your desire and drive to make it happen. A favorite phrase used by these guys which has held true thus far: "IT'S ALL ON YOU." How bad do you want it? Show 'em. Out.