• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

September 11th

hobbs053

Treading the deep end of the A-pool
This day went by pretty normal for all of us i assume. However after getting home tonight i watched the recreation of events of September 11th on the Discovery Channel.

Watching the planes hit the towers on TV brought back a storm of emotion much the same that i felt when all this happened 4 years ago. I watched first hand as the planes hit and the towers fell, and in the following days could smell the burnt destruction and decay as the ashen bodies and debris drifted over New York and nothing since has matched the combination of helplessness, fury, and anger felt as everything unfolded.

Regardless of our varying views and opinions everyone was affected in one way or another, and I hope that we all may take a second to remember what happened, and how we felt that day.

Godspeed to all those serving, willing, and ready to go In Harm's Way, and God bless those who have given the last full measure.

Never forget.

Humbly and respectfully submitted.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
I watched part of the Discovery anf History Channel's specials on the attacks as well. Very powerful programs. Especially "The Flight That Fought Back"... a fitting tribute to a group of very brave Americans who gave the ultimate price...

I remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when I found out about the attacks. I remember being scared out of my mind... The next couple of weeks were absolute crazy, consoling two of my friends who lost relatives and friends in the WTC...

I can't put it better than hobbs... Hopefully we will never forget what happened and its impact on history...

beau

In a bit of Irony, I was in an instrument ground school class, being retaught the different squak codes for emergerncies on the transponder...we were talking about it as the planes were being hijacked....found out after class driving home from the Airport (same Airport the 19th Hijacker, Zacharias Moussaoui, learned to fly) back to Campus (which he attended) about the attacks.

I too watched the the DSC and HC stuff yesterday....it just made me so pissed off I wanted to hurt somebody....

petescheu

National Geographic Channel had two great specials called "Inside 9/11" that they played a couple weeks ago that were excellent as well. Might be some replays of them, check the listings...

gagirl

Thanks for posting this. I do think that some have forgotten that day and the emotions that were felt. It's one that brings the same emotions 4 years later as it did that day.
One thing I do remember is looking at my 18 mos old twins and thinking how innocent they were and what their life would be like. I just kept thinking of all the babies that wouldn't ever meet their daddy or those that wouldn't see them again. It was hard.
I hope this country never forgets and God bless to those that serve and to those that have given their all for all of us. God bless those families too.

oztin79

Blinded, again, by our own doing

Of course Americans have forgotten 9/11. We (maybe western culture in general) are a collective society of inherently complacent citizens. As a mass population (and now I'm talking specifically about us), we're fat and like to pretend the world's just fine whenever we can, even at our own expense. Maybe only some of us remember, but that guy from Massachusetts almost became the Commander in Chief. I still owe a bunch of wacko evangelical Christians for that one.

So I think that's where we are right now: Blinded, again, by our own doing. Both parties do a lot of stupid things and neither behaves out of benevolent idealism, either in debate or policy, but we should already know this. What freaks me out, is how the Left is apparently trying to convince us that Al-Qaeda was a bad 2001 movie and isn't really spending every waking hour designing our destruction, even as we speak. We're now pretending as though Al-Qaeda is one of the former Attorney General's constructs to keep America in Bush's service. We will, of course, abandon that delusion if and when we're hit again and the Michael Moore's of the country once again look to skies to make sure fighter jets are reporting for duty.

I love this country because it's the greatest one in the world and I'm honored to be allowed to serve it, but some of its citizens should clear out for Europe since it's such an enlightened paradise. Thanks to everyone serving!

titoj

Future former Wall Street-er
oztin79 said:
Of course Americans have forgotten 9/11. We (maybe western culture in general) are a collective society of inherently complacent citizens. As a mass population (and now I'm talking specifically about us), we're fat and like to pretend the world's just fine whenever we can, even at our own expense. Maybe only some of us remember, but that guy from Massachusetts almost became the Commander in Chief. I still owe a bunch of wacko evangelical Christians for that one.

So I think that's where we are right now: Blinded, again, by our own doing. Both parties do a lot of stupid things and neither behaves out of benevolent idealism, either in debate or policy, but we should already know this. What freaks me out, is how the Left is apparently trying to convince us that Al-Qaeda was a bad 2001 movie and isn't really spending every waking hour designing our destruction, even as we speak. We're now pretending as though Al-Qaeda is one of the former Attorney General's constructs to keep America in Bush's service. We will, of course, abandon that delusion if and when we're hit again and the Michael Moore's of the country once again look to skies to make sure fighter jets are reporting for duty.

I love this country because it's the greatest one in the world and I'm honored to be allowed to serve it, but some of its citizens should clear out for Europe since it's such an enlightened paradise. Thanks to everyone serving!

Why can't we remember September 11th without launching into vitriolic attacks on overgeneralized groups of people, half of whom actually don't do any of the things you said? I've been a New Yorker all my life, and you can rest assured I will never forget. And you'd better believe I love my country too, divided as it is, and hope one day to be allowed to serve like you. So, with all due respect and gratitude for your future service, let's try to remember - together - without bashing each other over the head.

-T, live from NYC

oztin79

Overgeneralization should DEFINITELY be inferred since I willfully volunteered to serve. There are people worth defending in this great country, but everyone else gets to ride on coattails since it's the common good we seek to protect.

I do take issue with one of your comments, though, and you'll probably not change your mind on it. Most Americans really are clinically overweight (and I was just making a rhetorical, not a technical, point), and are eager to sink into complacency (the "s'all good" complex). Complacency isn't unique to us, though. Europe knows it intimately.

Sorry I offended you with generalizations, but I generally stand by them. And I think there's usually a reason why stereotypes ring true. By the way, I'm watching a full-sized sailboat sink outside my window, so I'm going to get the binoculars.

-A, live from Miami

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
oztin79 said:
By the way, I'm watching a full-sized sailboat sink outside my window, so I'm going to get the binoculars.

How did that turn out? Details?