• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Serb discusses 1999 downing of stealth fighter

nugget81

pilot
Doesn't seem like he's saying much other than, "Yep, I shot down a F-117 and a F-16 too."

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A) Stealth aircraft are not invisible to radar, they're just really hard to see.

B) The F-117A is outdated stealth technology. This is not new. The public thinks it's the end-all/be-all of stealth though.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He says he went from modifying "electromagnetic waves" to baking torts...wtf?

OK, he's had his 15 minutes...next.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
"electromagnetic waves" is such a great term for the media to bite onto. I wonder if they realize that can mean radio waves, x-rays, radar waves, or guess what... light waves.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
"electromagnetic waves" is such a great term for the media to bite onto. I wonder if they realize that can mean radio waves, x-rays, radar waves, or guess what... light waves.
Yeah, it could just mean that he turned up the brightness control on his A-scope.:D This dude is clearly a douche bag who has nothing substantive to offer.

Brett

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Barnard1425 said:
This guy is an amazingly skilled techno-warrior who has discovered THE Achille's heel of western stealth technology.....

......which is why he works in a f***ing bakery.
Exactly. Most guys in the know call it blind luck - golden BB theory.

Brett

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
Barnard1425 said:
This guy is an amazingly skilled techno-warrior who has discovered THE Achille's heel of western stealth technology.....

......which is why he works in a f***ing bakery.

That made my day. Thank you.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Exactly. Most guys in the know call it blind luck - golden BB theory.

Brett

Shoot enough stuff into the sky, one day you'll get a hit.

And Stealth can be defeated, it just takes some nice new technology. However, as I'm not privy to the details of the shootdown (the real technical details)...