• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SERE in Maine

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was trying to dig up information on SERE and I found this article:

http://chrisbusby.bangordailynews.com/2015/07/02/politics/america-must-stop-torturing-our-troops/

It was interesting, and I assume it is a lot different today than it was in the '70s. However I was wondering if they still do SERE in Maine, considering that they closed down NAS Brunswick. I thought I read somewhere that they also do it in California? I might sound crazy and/or naive, but if I am fortunate enough to make it to SERE, I would prefer to do it in Maine over California since I have spent a lot of time hiking and studying in The North Woods.

Other than that I know y'all knowledgeable ones cannot say much more.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You will do SERE at the site your orders tell you to. The syllabus is largely classified, so no one is going to discuss it here. It sucks. We've all done it. Suck it up and learn from it. End of story.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I was trying to dig up information on SERE and I found this article:

http://chrisbusby.bangordailynews.com/2015/07/02/politics/america-must-stop-torturing-our-troops/

It was interesting, and I assume it is a lot different today than it was in the '70s. However I was wondering if they still do SERE in Maine, considering that they closed down NAS Brunswick. I thought I read somewhere that they also do it in California? I might sound crazy and/or naive, but if I am fortunate enough to make it to SERE, I would prefer to do it in Maine over California since I have spent a lot of time hiking and studying in The North Woods.

Other than that I know y'all knowledgeable ones cannot say much more.

Focus on getting selected to OCS, Primary, Advanced, etc and everything else later.

Status
Not open for further replies.