• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Sf Jrotc

snake020

Contributor
The logic in this is just slightly flawed - JROTC doesn't discriminate based on citizenship, orientation, or even fitness level (we had some HUGE dudes when I was in).

I think they're just looking for a scapegoat since if they target ROTC they lose federal funding.

Marine4life

The logic isn't slightly flawed, it's seriously flawed. The idiots on the SF school board do not understand one thing about the dynamics of military leadership, concerning the problems associated with openly gay individuals in the military. They assume that one should be able to openly portray his/her homosexuality, when in all honesty, such a portrayal does not belong in any work environment, whether military or civilian. The military or any civilian work establishment do not exist for the promotion of one's social life, gay or straight.

xmid

pilot
Contributor
The backwards logic on this one is incredible. First off I'm pretty sure that a high school student could be openly gay and in JROTC... They aren't a member of the military and as already said JROTC is a class they don't really have "standards". My dad is a JROTC instructor now and it bugs the hell out of him that half his kids can't run one lap around the track. There are those that are more involved and those that only take it to fill a requirement. To some of them its a class, just like a home-ec class or what not. None of those classes care about your sexual orientation and neither does JROTC.

Thinking that cancelling these programs will get DOD to reconsider their policy is completely whacko. From what my dad has told me if it were up to the Navy they would probably cancel the JROTC program all together. Its state congressman that keep the program going because it benefits their kids. They don't recruit nearly enough kids to join out of JROTC to make the program a good use of their money. So they are basically cancelling a program that was only kept alive by their state representatives anyway.

Marine4life

Personally, I think "don't ask, don't tell" is a fair policy. I'm more concerned with someone doing their job properly, than their sexual preference.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Thinking that cancelling these programs will get DOD to reconsider their policy is completely whacko. From what my dad has told me if it were up to the Navy they would probably cancel the JROTC program all together. Its state congressman that keep the program going because it benefits their kids.

Just to ease Mefesto's fears that I posted this to stir up #$%@... This is pretty much my reason for posting.

First off...the uniformed component of DOD has nothing to do with this policy...quite frankly none of DOD does. DADT is a part of the USC created by Congress. The DOD couldn't reconsider it even if they wanted to. My continual amazement over this is that the public fails to connect the dots here...If they have a problem with the policy, take it up with Congress. This just seems one of the most gross, ignorant, attempts at making a political point I have ever seen.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just to ease Mefesto's fears that I posted this to stir up #$%@... This is pretty much my reason for posting.

First off...the uniformed component of DOD has nothing to do with this policy...quite frankly none of DOD does. DADT is a part of the USC created by Congress. The DOD couldn't reconsider it even if they wanted to. My continual amazement over this is that the public fails to connect the dots here...If they have a problem with the policy, take it up with Congress. This just seems one of the most gross, ignorant, attempts at making a political point I have ever seen.

That's just it, they're not interested in the policy or the truth. They're just making a symbolic statement so they can feel empowered and better about themselves for having "stuck" it to the man. Like many liberals, they never seem to consider the real world consequences of their actions, as long as their liberal white guilt is assuaged.

Brett

pourts

former Marine F/A-18 pilot & FAC, current MBA stud
pilot
That's just it, they're not interested in the policy or the truth. They're just making a symbolic statement so they can feel empowered and better about themselves for having "stuck" it to the man. Like many liberals, they never seem to consider the real world consequences of their actions, as long as their liberal white guilt is assuaged.

Brett

While reading this comment and looking at your picture of Carville my brain almost exploded.

Well put.

wrk

Brett

That statement makes absolutely no sense. And thanks for signing your post, beacuse I couldn't tell who posted it, there's no name above your avatar or anything.

What those crazy liberals don't understand is that gays are more concerned with doing their platoon mates in the butt, rather than serving their country. That'd open up a whole world of problems. I mean, imagine you're in a firefight, the gay guy in the foxhole next to you would just want to plug you in the ass, not fight back.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
That statement makes absolutely no sense. And thanks for signing your post, beacuse I couldn't tell who posted it, there's no name above your avatar or anything.

Oh are you serious...:watching_ Don't sarcastic unless its funny....

snake020

Contributor
What those crazy liberals don't understand is that gays are more concerned with doing their platoon mates in the butt, rather than serving their country.

That's quite a blanket statement - by your logic since I'm a heterosexual I'm going to make it a point to do every female in my unit.

I'm pretty sure there are some homosexuals that are currently in the military under don't ask don't tell that are concerned about doing their job and are not remotely interested in persuing doing you in the butt.

wrk

That's quite a blanket statement - by your logic since I'm a heterosexual I'm going to make it a point to do every female in my unit.

I'm pretty sure there are some homosexuals that are currently in the military under don't ask don't tell that are concerned about doing their job and are not remotely interested in persuing doing you in the butt.

I really didn't think anyone would actually think I was serious. I was being extremely sarcastic.

boobcheese

What those crazy liberals don't understand is that gays are more concerned with doing their platoon mates in the butt, rather than serving their country. That'd open up a whole world of problems. I mean, imagine you're in a firefight, the gay guy in the foxhole next to you would just want to plug you in the ass, not fight back.

Just wanted to quote your post so even after you go back to edit/delete it we can all still marvel at how much of a tool you really are.

snizo

Supply Officer
Wasn't DADT an executive order by the most liberal President in "recent" history (Edit: nevermind, looked it up)

So let me get this straight. The gay agenda has an atitude of "you have no place to tell me what I can and cannot do," right? ... And in order to further their position, they are going to tell other people what they can and cannot do. Kids have better things to do with their time these days like drugs and smoking, but it all seems a little hypocritical to me.

In general, I don't object to letting people do as they please in their own home ... but stupid **** like this only serves to close my mind to these groups which is probably not what they're going for.

wrk: that was just dumb