• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SH-60B sundown begins, MasterBates sheds silent tear

kejo

pilot
Well it has "officially" begun. This week our CO and Commodore flew the first SH-60B to DMAFB in Tuscon to join the Boneyard. It was the 13th production model built in 1983, and retired with over 11,000 flight hours logged.

So, as they say: "LAMPS will never die, 60B's just fade away"

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
This week our CO and Commodore flew the first SH-60B to DMAFB in Tuscon to join the Boneyard.
Sundowns suck....at least they will have a couple weeks of flying there to think of how they will come into the break at DFMAFB:D

Hozer

Jobu needs a refill!
None
Contributor
Shit, the MEF mods I rode in as a crewman in '93 had 7,000 hrs plus on 'em.
How'd they stretch the hours on those birds? They were the de facto high timers b/c they turned right around after post cruise DRI and went back to theater.
Have to pull out the log books and check Buno's...

SH-60OB

pilot
Shit, the MEF mods I rode in as a crewman in '93 had 7,000 hrs plus on 'em. How'd they stretch the hours on those birds? They were the de facto high timers b/c they turned right around after post cruise DRI and went back to theater. Have to pull out the log books and check Buno's...

Most of those "MEF mod" birds are back in the RAG now. As the block 1's and eventually Core B birds came out each became the new high demand platform (everyone want's all the toys) and the Bock 0's became 1 minuses and made their way back to RAG.

I haven't heard the term MEF Mod in a long time. But we took all of that gear on my first deployment. I'll bet even you know what that ugly welded on loop on the AW's seat support is for, we've certainly come a long way.

V/R
OB

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Saying the SH-60B to MH-60R tranisiton is a sundown is like saying the transition from P-3B to P-3C was a sundown.

This isn't a sundown. This is trading an older model of the same aircraft for a new one. The community is not going away.