• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

SH-60K Pictures

Bevo16

pilot
For the most part, it looks like it has the same gear than our 60-B has without the bouy launcher. It has a different version of the FLIR, but the radar and MAD look the same. The K version is actually built in Japan by Mitsubishi Heavy Industries under liscence by Sikorsky, so it's not even an american bird even though it looks almost exactly like our 60's.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Well, the Japanese K version may be built in Japan, but there's also an American Kilo version that's used by the Army and AF and it's built here. As for the extra crap on it, man, I thought our Bravos looked ugly.

It's a weird design, I don't know what that white thing is opposite the FLIR is. Some of the "eyes" on the nose are missile warning detectors, but there's some other stuff there two. Maybe their version of ESM. They also are using a Blackhawk nose, which is skinnier than a Seahawk and doesn't have the license plate for the FLIR. And those rotor tips...wow. It looks like that Guiness world record holder guy w/ the finger nails.

ghost

working, working, working ...
pilot
Looks like an upgrade to the 60Js that the Japanese currently have. It has some nice features that would have been nice to have on the 60R: 7 MPDs upfront, MAD, improved blades.

Taking a close look at the pictures, it seems to be a upgrade comparable to (or better than) the 60R. ISAR, Dipper(60Js already had a dipper), link, all digital, etc.

Looking at the picture of poster I see the aircraft is from VX-51. I might have to that check out.

ghost