• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Ship Photo of the Day

GroundPounder

Past practice with Hamas and similar groups is not to do suicide by indirect fire.
I will defer to your professional knowledge as it pertains to my original post.

I will stand by the generality that there are a several obvious ways to engage anything that big, and that close to the shore. The actors that thrive on chaos may be willing to give it a shot.

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
I will defer to your professional knowledge as it pertains to my original post.

I will stand by the generality that there are a several obvious ways to engage anything that big, and that close to the shore. The actors that thrive on chaos may be willing to give it a shot.
U.S. Army port operations in Gaza, eight weeks from now.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Do Navy CB's not have an exped capability just like this?

This is primarily an army job. CBs do more formal construction and engineering.

Joint Logistics Over the Shore (JLOTS) is a huge mission set for the Army loggies and TRANSCOM guys. I’m sure there are some Navy and Marine guys in the game over there now but it’s always been a mainly Army mission.

TacticalTater

None
Joint Logistics Over the Shore (JLOTS) is a huge mission set for the Army loggies and TRANSCOM guys. I’m sure there are some Navy and Marine guys in the game over there now but it’s always been a mainly Army mission.
Why is it that the Army has a primary task of building something the Navy will use?

Is this a WW2 type thing were they did it then and never gave up the job/funding/equipment?

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
Why is it that the Army has a primary task of building something the Navy will use?

Is this a WW2 type thing were they did it then and never gave up the job/funding/equipment?
Pretty much. The navy does have some capacity but their logistical focus is more like sea-basing rather than over-the-shore. Put very simply, the navy gets stuff across the big water and the army gets it the last few hundred yards to the ground troops (until a proper port is secured. But, just for the sake of fun fact time, the Army had more vessels than the navy during WWII, now they have about 120 or so.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Little of that, bit of Transcom's mission of moving supplies the "final mile" up to operating forces. They got into the mission during WWII, creating harbors and piers where they weren't before (and that's been an Army Engineer mission since Bobby Lee was an Engineer) and doing near-shore and over-the-shore logistics.

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
JLOTS is a primary mission of NAVELSG. Supply Corp