• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should I let them know?

CaseyL90

My NROTC application is already at Pensacola. I was told my some people on this forum, as well as other forums, even my family psychiatrist that I should explain the drop in my GPA from a 3.0 semester to a 1.7 the next semester.

Do you think I should contact them letting them know why? Two reasons include that I was spending 10.5 hours at school, waking up at 5:30AM, going to school at 6:45AM, starting school at 7:00AM, getting out of school at 3:15PM, and starting varsity practice at 3:30PM all the way until 5:30PM. Coupled with this was some family issues-my sister tried to commit suicide Jan of 2007 and had mental issues all the way until now, currently.

If I should, how would I go about doing it? I think it might be kind of late.

MasterBates

Why you wake up at 0530 and leave at 0645?

I get up at 0645 and leave at 0700.. And that is showering, shaving, and putting a bag on.

You can gain an easy hour of sleep there!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Why you wake up at 0530 and leave at 0645?

I get up at 0645 and leave at 0700.. And that is showering, shaving, and putting a bag on.

You can gain an easy hour of sleep there!

I get up at 0530 and leave at 0645, but I like to have B-fast and coffee while watching the news. Sounds to me like the bigger issue might be the "family" shrink and the extent to which you "visit" with him.

Brett

WishICouldFly

UO Future Pork Chop
That big of a drop in GPA would definitely cause notice...so they'll probably ask you. I wonder if it would be better to tell them off the bat (my guess is yes) or to wait for them to ask.

BACONATOR

pilot
Contributor
That big of a drop in GPA would definitely cause notice...so they'll probably ask you. I wonder if it would be better to tell them off the bat (my guess is yes) or to wait for them to ask.

Well since he seems to have at least one legit reason for the drop, and the fact that they don't have to ask, but simply deny his application, I would offer up this information.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Well since he seems to have at least one legit reason for the drop, and the fact that they don't have to ask, but simply deny his application, I would offer up this information.

Agreed. I would offer up any information that would explain any possible red flags.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
going to school at 6:45AM, starting school at 7:00AM, getting out of school at 3:15PM, and starting varsity practice at 3:30PM all the way until 5:30PM.

I think your family issues would be a reason, but I don't think your school schedule is. That's a pretty typical schedule for anyone that plays a varsity sport in high school.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I think your family issues would be a reason, but I don't think your school schedule is. That's a pretty typical schedule for anyone that plays a varsity sport in high school.

And definitely lighter than most fleet squadron schedules.

Brett

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
If I should, how would I go about doing it? I think it might be kind of late.

It is kinda late. And you should have decided what was more important...grades, or sports. Good luck, NTL.

The board is made up of 8 0-5s and O-6s. They'll take this into consideration without you advising them on it.

~D