• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Should we split the pic thread....D'oh!

webmaster

The Grass is Greener!
pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
This is quickly becoming one of the most replied and viewed thread on the forum. Do we want to continue as is with posting pics here, or do we want to bring back the gallery?

John

Reactions: Tom

Python

pilot
Contributor
I think a gallery would be a good idea for organization's sake as well.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
I don't know, the pics get a lot of visibility here. Many might not think of going to check the gallery.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I vote for keeping the thread going. More opportunity for discussion and visibility. Periodically closed, archived, split and reopened as a new thread, a la the Stupid Questions thread.

Maybe keep the thread going, with a proper Gallery as a sort of Best Of? Or would that be too redass?

AJB37

Perhaps we can do both, keep the thread open for people to post their pics and have discussions about them as well as continue the airwarriors tradition of thread jacks, but also have a gallery where the pictures posted in the thread can be easily viewed and organized without said thread jacks and assorted discussions.

H20man

Drill baby drill!
Would the gallery be the same format as it was before? I really wasn't a fan of the format of the gallery, but I do like the suggestions by Uncle Fester and AJB above, keeping the thread open while letting the older pictures retire to the gallery.

Lobster

I like the idea of keeping the thread going and having the gallery for a sort of "The best of" thing. (Another rookie with and opinion...I know)

el douge

This one time at band camp...
I like the thread too. I really like reading the peoples stories about all the different pictures that are posted as well as the different topics that are pulled out one picture at times. Its one of the threads I read every day. My 2 cents.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
When somethin' works well -- leave it alone and let it keep workin'.

Just my $20 worth.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
What Zisso and A4s said ... the stories are half (maybe more?) the fun of the thread.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's on page 39 now. At what point/page count do we want to close a thread and start the next chapter? Of course HeyJoe should have the honor - he's the originator and most prolific poster. Although Old R.O. is giving him a run for the $$!