• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Shoulder Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTodd

Well I am getting Orthoscopic surgery This month and I just need some encouragement. I was sent home from OCS because I dislocated my shoulder, I was prof. recomended to come back by the Compant staff, for those of you in the know do my chances seem good to go back one I heel, ie selected?

EA-6B1

PLC Jrs 1st Inc. Kilo-3
I hope you have a good surgery, and a speedy recovery. I know you are ready to get back in the game. Good luck my friend.

musil10

GTodd, my advice is don't push it too hard after surgery. I know it can be hard not to, but i am speaking from experience. I had my shoulder scoped six years ago this month, and i tried to make it back for baseball in April. I was very determined and ended up overworking my shoulder, so instead of about a six month total recovery it was about a year until it was back to where it used to be, and even then it still caused me some problems. I am not telling you this to discourage you, or tell you not to work hard, i just know that you can do more harm than good if you try to do too much with it. The biggest thing is to do all of the shoulder excersizes that you get from your physical theorapist and not get discouraged. Hope this helps some, i wish someone would have told me this when i started theorapy. Good Luck

mcm

GTodd-If you are who I think you are, we were in the same platoon. (Second to none!) When did you get dropped? I thought you were pretty well recovered when they dropped me at week 6.

My stress fracture is healed and I finally got cleared on 20 Jan. I probably won't be back to OCS for a while though. Going to take my time getting back up to speed, you know. Don't want to risk re-injury.

I can't exactly answer your question about getting selected again, but I was under the impression that as long as we were recommended to reapply, we can get back in easily enough. After all, we were already "selected." As long as we can prove our injuries are behind us, we should be good to go. As I recall, you were an aviation candidate like me, so there might be some more red tape if your flight physical expires or you need an age waiver to reapply. But I'm just speculating here.

Now go write two 300-word essays on proper sick-call procedures, and failure to follow simple instructions, you nasty freakin thing! And I want 'em by taps, you unnastan' nat?

GTodd

Yo good to hear from you bro, and thanks again for the use of your PV. Yeah, I got droped on the 7th week. It is wierd because the Commander kept telling me that I would grad. and get surgery, I even smoked the pft that week. Than Fri. came around and (I was Candidate CO) they decided to send me home. They said that I needed to go home get fixed and come back. Our Platoon Commander shook my hand and said that he would be pissed if he did not see me back next year! The staff was as shocked as I was that i was being sent home. The First Sg did not even know. But she said the same thing that all I needed to do was get fix and come back. SO thats What I am doing, hope to see you in either 186 or 187.

Status
Not open for further replies.