• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Significant Other At OCS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amymargolius

Hello, my name is Amy and my fiance and I are both law students who live in Arlington, VA, near DC. He started Marine OCS yesterday. I'm wondering if there's anyone else out there who's man (or woman) left yesterday and who feels as sad as I do? It's not just that I miss living with him, or that I can't fathom not speaking on the phone for the entire summer (other than liberty). What's really making me sad are the in-processing pictures that are now on the OCS website. It's hard to get my mind around the idea that he finds that more pleasant than living here with our adorable puppy and wonderful life! And it's hard to tolerate the way they treat those guys while they're at OCS. Most of all, it's hard sending him off to a culture I know NOTHING about.
Let me know if you're in the same boat and want to email. It's hard to find other people who really understand just how this feels, because the experience is so unique. Even friends who have long-distance boyfriends are in a different position, because they have the luxury and of complaining! My letters have to be so perky and supportive that I can't actually convey what I am going through. I made a personal resolution not to torture him by mail for the next 10 weeks.

jessicaann613

Amy-

My Marine left for OCS (PLC-C) on Sunday as well... *sniff* I am going through exactly the same thing as you. Do you have AIM? My screen name is jess420vb if you have it! What is that website you saw the pictures on?

Jessica

amymargolius

Hi Jessica. My fiance is also doing PLC combined (JAG). The website is http://www.ocs.usmc.mil/All%20Photos/Summer%20'04%201st/Suummer%20'04%20Inprocessing.htm
I hope you find a picture of your man there too!

jessicaann613

Amy- hey! Yeah I looked at them last night! I did not see a pic of my Marine, but it was nice to get a visual of what he is up to over there!!! Thanks for the info! Are they going to continue to put pics of the summer OCS class throughout the summer? That would be awesome!

Have you heard from your Marine yet? I am still waiting to get a letter from him to find out what platoon he is in and everything so I can send him letters every day! There is another website I found yesterday like this one with more girls that have Marine men... www.grunt.com... check it out!

Maybe our guys will be in the same platoon and maybe know eachother? Feel free to email me @ jessicaann613@hotmail.com!

Jess

Dustball

2nd LT
Just to let all of you know letters take quite a while to send and receive in Quantico. They first have to go through the MCB Quantico mail system then they get routed to the different platoons and passing out mail is at the instructors will so sometimes they don't get mail right away. I wouldn't expect any mail for at least a week or so maybe even more. When I went through OCS sometimes I received letters that were close to 3 weeks old.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
mail is one thing they dont screw with I got all my mail on time even out in the field. Even if you dont get a reply keep sending it, nothing better than getting girlfriend mail especially when it smells good.
As for the culture Amy you will probably get your fill very soon of learning about it but here is a little bit if it helps. He is putting himslef up against arguably some ofthe hardest initial military training in the world and joining a 229 year old tradition that carries great esteem both in and out of military circles. On the practical side he will be n a court room trying cases much sooner than hi contemporaries who are still doing research at their firms. I have a couple of friends who are/were lawyers in the Marine Corps, those who were landed very good jobs based on all the courtroom experience and those who stayed in are a very valuable part of the team. It helps having a rules of engagement brief from someone who has some field experience.

Dustball

2nd LT
You must have had a warm soft sensative staff. Our staff sometimes passed out mail and sometimes didn't. That really wasn't what I was refering to. I was comenting on the military postal system. It just flat out takes longer because mail has to go through the US postal system and then the base postal system. But skid kid is right just keep sending it anyway it will eventually get there and girlfriend mail always lifts the spirits.

usmcwife

Hi girls. My name is Tessa and my husband is at OCS now also. He has been in the Marine Corps for 7 years and we have been married 6.5 years. Just to let you know a lot of us wives and girlfriends are posting at www.officerfamilies.com It's another forum that you have to register for and we are posting under the forum "current classes at OCS" under the Marine Corps section.

A little about me: We are currently stationed in Okinawa, Japan and we have been here for about 2 years. We have two children a boy, 10 months and a girl, 8 years. My husband went to OCS through an enlisted program ECP. He received his degree during his first enlistment and he was accepted first time of entering his package. I am very excited about this as this is a huge step for our family. If you girls have any questions about military life from LES's to moving please ask. I wish I would have had someone to show me the ropes when I married. :icon_mi_1

Also, you don't have to have their platoon number or company to send them letters. They have a roster so the mail will get to them. Just use this address:

Candidate last name, first name MI
Officer Candidates School
2189 Elrod Ave
Quantico, VA 22134-5033

You can use this until you get their platoon number and then it will be like this:

Candidate last name, first name, MI
_____Co, ______Platoon
Officer Candidates School
2189 Elrod Ave
Quantico, VA 22134-5033

Hope that helps some!

Status
Not open for further replies.